Chapter forty-five

Harry's pov

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed, and by the looks of it I was in an unfamiliar room too. My eyes still needed to adjust to the light that shone through the white curtains. My head was pounding and I felt like I had a hangover, but I knew I hadn't drank a drop of alcohol the night before. I looked around and saw I was in a hotel room, finding my phone and wallet on the night stand. I took a peek under the blankets and saw I still was fully clothed, which I couldn't be bothered with right now. I sat up, not too fast because my head was feeling like it could explode any moment. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was ten in the morning. I sighed, I didn't get much sleep then. I was curious about where everyone was. I hoped at least Zayn was with Niall.

Niall. How good it was to see him again. I still got a smile on my face whenever I thought about him. He was it for me, I was sure of it. There was no question about if I loved him, it was just a matter of how much. And if I could see past the horrible things he has done, I knew I loved him too much. I was willing to forgive him after he ran away and killed several people, and maybe it was unhealthy but I couldn't help myself. I only could remember the bold, still very caring Niall, because it's the only one I've experienced. I never saw him go mental, not that I was aware of at least. Apparently he grew insane when I was with him, but I never knew. And after that, he was gone. I still couldn't think about the time he left me, although a few days ago I wasn't even sure if he was alive. But I didn't need to think about it anymore.

I sighed, and texted Liam to ask where they were. I put my phone down and laid back, not really wanting to get up. I heard a knock on my door and groaned, but finally stood up and opened it. Liam stood there with a bag in his hands.

"How're you feeling?" He asked, handing me the bag. I looked inside and saw a croissant in it, which I gladly ate. I couldn't remember the last time I properly had some food in my stomach.

"My head hurts." I said, and he shot me a pitiful smile. I just shrugged and stepped aside to let him in. I closed the door after him and sat on the bed. Liam took a seat in a not so comfortable looking chair.

"Zayn and I share a room, Louis has is own room. We are two doors away." Liam said. I nodded. I was still angry with Louis and hadn't forgiven him yet, but I missed him. After all, he was my best friend besides Liam. Maybe I should go talk to him today, I thought to myself.

"Isn't Zayn with Niall?" I asked instead. Liam shook his head.

"Wells called and told us Niall has an appointment with a psychiatrist today. He still wanted us to come to ask us about who knows what, and maybe you can see Niall then." He said, with that same smile again. I didn't want his pity. I knew he meant well, but still. I wasn't sad about Niall anymore. I was afraid about what was gonna happen with him, but not sad.

"Go freshen up a bit. I'll inform Zayn and Louis you're awake and we'll meet you in the lobby in fifteen, okay?" Liam asked. I nodded and he left. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. First I did my business, then I brushed my teeth with a brand new toothbrush laying on a glass shelf above the sink. I tried to fix my hair but gave up almost immediately and found a deodorant in a little basket where they also held those tiny shampoos and such. I took a look at my phone again and saw I still had a few minutes left but decided to head down anyway. I walked out of my room and locked the door. I had no idea how long I was staying here but kept the keycard in my pocket. I searched for the elevator to take me down and saw I was on the first floor.

Once I arrived in the lobby I saw Louis waiting on a small couch near the entrance of the hotel. I took a few deep breaths and walked over to him. He was too busy with his phone to notice me, so once I was in front of him I cleared my throat. He blushed a bit when he looked up and put his phone away. I took a seat next to him, but didn't say anything.