Chapter twenty-three

I gulped and didn't know what to do. A part of me wanted to see him so badly, but I remembered his face just a few minutes ago, and he looked so sad and angry. Betrayed even. I weighed the pros and cons and when my eagerness won it from my nervousness by a tad bit, I excused myself and said I needed to go to the bathroom.

I had no idea where the back entrance was so I just walked to the toilets and texted Niall I was there. I waited a few seconds until I saw him. He had his hands in his pockets and his head high, walking towards me like he owned the place. It was actually pretty hot, but when I saw the expression on his face that wasn't in my thoughts anymore. Okay, maybe still.

He didn't say anything, but instead just grabbed my wrist and shoved us both in a closet next to the toilets. Seriously, what was it with this boy and closets? We were gay, we were supposed to be out of them.

"What the fuck was that?" he spat at me. I flinched at his harsh tone and was honestly a bit surprised.

"W-what are you talking about?" I asked, my voice smaller then I intended to.

"Why were you all over Louis like that? You are my boyfriend!" he almost yelled. Was he jealous? He should have known better than that, and honestly, I was quite mad he accused me of... of what acctually?

"What are you implying here?" I asked annoyed. I really wasn't in the mood for this, I just wanted to hold him and have a minute for ourselves.

"Is there something I need to imply?"

"Okay, Niall, what is really going on because really, you are talking shit." I said crossing my arms.

"No! I saw you all over him, what was that about?!" He was really fuming right now, and to be honest, I was a bit scared.

"Niall, nothing is going in between us." I said as calmly as I could.

"Didn't look like fucking nothing to me." He was crossing his arms now too, and I figured he wasn't really reasonable right now. Was he seriously mad?

"Are you really doing this now?"

"Oh, when should I do it then Harry, hm? When! We can't see each other and I am really struggling here with not being with you but you just jump right at the next boy!"

Oh my god. I couldn't believe him. He really thought that low of me? Wow.

"Excuse me? Louis is my best mate, he has a girlfriend for god's sake! I can not believe you really think that low of me." I didn't know what to think, all I knew is I needed to calm him down and convince him there was nothing but friendship between Louis and me.

"I see the way you look at him! You look at him with so much adoration, you don't look at me like that." Anger and sadness laced through his voice, but anger more than sadness.

"Niall, Louis is like a brother to me, of course I love him. But not like I love you. I am in love, with you! Of course I look at him in adoration, I admire him, but maybe you don't see the way I look at you correctly."

"Not correctly? Seriously Harry, what are you trying to say?"

God fucking damnit, he really was thinking the wrong side of every word I said, and I was sick of it. Maybe if he just listened, but his own mind spoke for me.

"I look at you in that way, but if you can't see it, then maybe I don't. I know Louis longer than you, so maybe that's why." The minute I said it I regretted it. And I should, according to Niall's face. He looked angry, hurt, betrayed and sad and I mentally kicked myself in the gut.