Chapter twenty-five

It was only eight when I went upstairs, but I had an early ride back in the morning. I had school tomorrow and the road was gonna be chaos. I walked to my old room and got ready for bed. I got rid of my clothes and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After that, I let myself fall on my bed, with only my boxers. I preferred to be naked while sleeping, but even though this was my old home, I decided against it. I let myself snuggle into the covers and was ready to close my eyes when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I wasn't tired yet, so I didn't really care. I saw Gemma's head peek around the door and asking me with her eyes if she really could come in. I shifted in my bed, making room for her to lay next to me. She got the message and laid next to me, I covered her up in the blankets as she was only in a big shirt.

"Hey bro," she said.
"What's up with you? You seem a bit down." I could tell she was concerned, and that warmed my heart a bit. I was also surprised, I thought I had kept my emotions under control.

"It's... this guy." I mumbled. I wanted to tell Gemma about Niall, hell, I always wanted to talk about him even with strangers on the street, but I couldn't. However, I could tell her what I told mum.

"This guy? Oh Harry, got yourself a booooyfriend?" She said like she was an old black woman with eighty grandchildren. I laughed and slapped her arm lightly.

"Maybe." I mumbled blushing. She let out a squeak and shook my arm.

"Tell me Haz, tell me tell me tell me!" God, she really was the female version of Louis. I really hoped they were different in opinions about Niall though.

"Well, his name is Niall. He is beautiful, he really is. He has brown hair which he dyed blonde, he has the most adorable smile and contagious laugh, he is a little bit smaller than me, he has two tattoo sleeves which are incredibly hot, and his eyes Gem, his eyes are so blue. The are like an icy colour, but not cold, actually very warm and just... there are literally no words to describe the beauty of his eyes, really, none, and he acts like a bad boy but he is such a sweetheart and I really like him and..." Gemma placed her hand over my mouth to shut me up.

"Okay I get it, he is God, now, tell me why you're sad." She urged, and then I told her the exact same story I told a few hours ago to my mother. I told her about the date and the party - I also let the dirty stuff out, my sister didn't need to know about my sex life - and told him about 'his parents not approving'. She let me finish and after I was done with my lie, she looked up to the ceiling and said nothing. I copied her actions, not waiting on a response anymore after five minutes. After another five minutes of peaceful silence, Gemma spoke.

"Harry, do you want your relationship to be this way?" she asked me, only curiosity in her voice. She was still looking up to the ceiling, as was I. I followed the little dents and cracks with my eyes when I answered.

"I don't know. Part of me wants to scream to the world he is mine, but I also know that I can't, so I won't. I really don't wanna loose him so quickly. I know that maybe we rushed into this relationship, but I love him, and he loves me, so why wait? If I can be with him, without being literally be with him, then I have to accept that. Mum told me I should be happy with what I've got, and I've got him. I'm not planning on letting go so easily, even though this obstacle is in the way. I would let him down for something he has no control over, I would punish him for something that is not his fault. I don't like the way we have to hide, but I do like it when we are together, even if it's a short period of time. He wouldn't let me go if it were my parents who didn't approve their son was gay, he wouldn't give up on me. I won't either. It sucks right now, really it does, and it sucks hard, but we hope his parents will come around soon. I just hope this will all end soon."