She sighed loudly, sure that Klaus could hear her too.

"I am already in danger.. You know, with the werewolf syndicate following me around every step I take?  And I don't really care if your brother is one for conversation, he can hear me anyway, I know he's here." Elijah didn't want to stop her, no one stopped Odette.

"Nik, I don't know where you are but I can feel your eyes. There's a secret weapon across the river that you have neglected to use, one that could help. Marcel beat the Guerrera's before, without your help, he can do it again." The Abbatoir stayed silent, though Odette could swear she heard the shuffling off feet on its floors.

Elijah looked at her, his eyes filled with some kind of compassion. With the knowledge that if anyone could help Klaus, it was Odette.

"Let's go then." Odette sighed. Elijah nodded and followed her out the door.

On the balcony he stood, watching her from afar, drowning himself in the feeling of standing next to her. Punishing himself for ever letting her in in the first place, for putting her in the mortal danger she was in now. He stared as she walked, watched the way her hips swayed lightly, how she curled her arm through Elijah's. Her letter he held tightly in his fist,  feeling it settle into the creases of his hand. He wished for a paper cut, so that her words might bleed into his skin.

-

"Those are some absolutely gorgeous beams." She stared at the ceiling of the old, rotten building. Fire sprinklers were spread throughout.

Really, she didn't care much for architecture, but Elijah had asked her to play the part. It was the man she had told him about, Stan Masters, wearing a golden ring with a square black stone.

Odette felt this rage when she looked at that black, knowing it was draining her friend of all his power. She wanted to push him down and pull off the ring, but that wasn't really a plan of action.

"The modern elements blend quite nicely indeed. My foundation has aligned itself with the city's Historical Preservation Society. We have a vested interest in seeing this building protected." He looked at Odette as he said it. She was the historian, and history would never stop repeating itself.

"This place is a dump! The Guerrera family would be doing this city a favor."

Odette stepped forward, "Well, unfortunately sir, under the Preservation Act of 1966, we cannot allow the Guerreras to demolish one of the city's original foundries." She pretended to look around at the building and then stared right back into the man's eyes.

"Even if it is for something as noble and distinguished as a casino." Elijah added and gestured towards the door.

Odette smiled only through her lips, she had gotten quite good at that.

"Thank you gentlemen. Give my best to Miss Francesca."

---

"I need you to watch over him as we get back the stones." They stood in the door opening of the Mikaelson compound.

"First he doesn't want to speak to me and now I'm his babysitter?" she said loudly, aware of his presence in the building.

"Now, don't be so very rude little swan, you'll get your pay."

Her head shot up to the corner, where he looked at her from one of the balconies.

"It better be some good pay. Hybrid babysitting is a whole different job." It was the first time she had heard his voice in three months, and it felt like he had never been gone. Like it had always been Odette and Klaus, Klaus and Odette. Some kind of eternity. A puzzle piece falling into place, the biggest cliché she had ever heard of.

"Time spent with me is always good pay, Odette." He turned his neck cockily. Odette hummed in return and walked further into the building, before just setting her first foot on the stairs.

"Be safe noble one," she looked back at Elijah, who over the months had become one of her most important friends. There was no fear of him left in her.

"You too, pure one."

-

"Are you ready for this?" Klaus was sitting on the floor, some pain having already come to him. The full moon made him so very vulnerable. It would only get more intense.

"I'm going to put a spell on the room, so I can keep them out for as long as possible. You need to be as strong as can be when you face them, they mustn't be confused about your power." He nodded in return and groaned again. Odette whispered words, making everything that was open in the room close up with a gust of wind.

"Hayley?! You ready?" Odette yelled at the woman standing somewhere in the house- she wasn't sure where.

"Ready!" Hayley's voice returned from somewhere far away.

"Okay then, let's go." Her finger floated over the readied text message, before she sent it away. It seemed to start almost immediately. Klaus let out a loud gasp, indicating that he felt some of his power return to him. Odette felt it float through the room before it found its way back home.

She heard the sound of invaders and trusted that Hayley would take care of them, this was proven when Klaus was once more satisfied with his strength.

He looked at her and smirked, then he grabbed his palette off the easel.

"You doing okay?"

"No worries, little swan. I am slowly returning to myself." He got up on his feet with the help of Odette's hand and let out another gasp, now he could easily stand by himself again. He grabbed the paint brushes and got ready, holding them over the home-stretched canvas.

"Let's do some more acting today."

-

She leaned over his body, so weakly on the ground. Her spells weren't holding anymore, the werewolves could easily enter Klaus's study.

Sobs came from her throat.

"The invincible Klaus Mikaelson isn't so invincible after all, is he?" Odette said nothing in return, just leaned further over the man. Then she looked up.

"He is, but he wanted to give me a turn too." She held up her hands and once again slammed every door shut, then rolled herself backwards and behind the couch.

She tried to ignore the sounds. She tried to ignore the fact that she was just as responsible for the werewolves deaths as Niklaus was.

"You can come out now, little swan." She popped her head out from behind the couch and immediately spotted the two bodies on the floor. Their throats impaled by paintbrushes. He dipped one of them into the gushing wound and returned once more to work on his painting. She watched, this fascination that she only felt when she looked at him.

"We did it."

"Not fully, there's still one ring missing."

"Francesca's ring is missing."

Klaus frowned, "Elijah let her get away?"

"I think Hayley wanted a go at her."  He smirked, she didn't even see it but she knew he did. The bodies at her feet were starting to bother her less and less. She placed her arm around his waist as he painted.

"There you are." She hummed into his neck and watched as he painted.

"There I am."