9. A New Day, A New beginning

Start from the beginning

Naruto instantly nodded his head in a 'yes' motion.

"It's amazing!!! I love it nee-chan" he exclaimed cheerfully.

"Well thank you for the compliment," Naruko said proudly.

"But..." Naruto trailed of

"But what?" Naruko asked.

"But why do I taste the fruit apple in it when it's a risotto?" he asked

"Well... it's because it is an 'apple risotto'..." Naruko said in a matter of fact tone with amusement glinting in her eyes.

"I wanted to make something different and special on the occasion of the new start of our lives in Konoha. I wanted it to be light, healthy and tasty. So that you begin the day on a good and positive note." She said with a smile.

"Thank you nee-chan you are the best!" Naruto exclaimed and then continued to eat his breakfast.

Naruko smiled softly at his brother and after saying a quick 'welcome' she started eating her breakfast as well.

After the breakfast was done Naruto helped Naruko in cleaning the table. While Naruko washed the dishes she asked Naruto to go and pack his bag and get ready for the Academy.

Naruto nodded his head and immediately left the kitchen to follow his sister's command obediently.

He packed his black school bag with all the things that would be necessary. Then he went over to his nee-chan's bag and slipped something in her bag. Something that he had been working on for quite some time now. Smiling contentedly to himself he headed over to his closet to get some clothes. Unlike his nee-chan's school, the Academy did not follow any specific dress code. Kids could wear whatever they wanted to, provided that it was something decent.

Time-skip

Naruko had just finished packing her and Naruto's bento.

Hers was a simple bento with salmon and marinated shrimp salad. The bento had meatballs, chicken drumettes, and rice to the left and salmon and marinated shrimp salad to the right.

 The bento had meatballs, chicken drumettes, and rice to the left and salmon and marinated shrimp salad to the right