Jealous much

Lucy POV

As usual I sit at my usual position at the bar chatting to Mira. Our topic today though is quite unusual, it's about Natsu acting strangely. He has been a bit on edge lately and I wonder why because nothing has really happened to make him be that way.

"So what do you think could have been making him be this way?" I ask Mira who is casually cleaning the dirty beer glasses.

She taps her cheek with her finger and thinks about it for a couple of moments. "For once, i'm not a hundred percent sure Lucy. I can't honestly think of a valid reason. Unless he likes you" Mira finally says with a wide grin.

I shake my head and look at MIra straight in the eyes. "That's your answer for everything and it can't be that. He wouldn't feel the same as I do" Oh no, I did not just say that.

Mira faints and lays still on the floor behind the bar before popping back to life before me. What have I done? I won't hear the end of this. "I knew that you liked Natsu, I just knew it. You just proved me right. Erza now owes me a hundred jewels"

Great they were even betting on me liking Natsu, great friends they are. "You can't say anything to Natsu & Erza or anyone ok?" I whisper to not gain anyone's attention.

Mira then makes a face like she is about to combust which makes me nervous for a second, what the hell is she doing? "Ok fine" She finally manages to get out of her system. She is obviously not happy at me right now with not letting her tell anyone but if I hadn't said anything the whole guild would know in under ten minutes.

"What is Mira not allowed to talk about?" A familiar voice says from behind me but luckily it's only Gray and not Natsu because that would just make things weird. I would stutter and say some stupid things, Natsu would call me weird, I would blush giving away everything. Why do I have to be a person to blush easily?

"Ah it's noth-"

"Lucy likes Natsu" Mira blurts out. After realising what she has said I blush and hide my face, Mira quickly covers her mouth and Gray starts laughing to himself.

"Ahhh, Mira I told you to say nothing" I say making Mira look away in guilt.

"Don't worry Lucy, everyone but flamebrain knows you like him. It's quite obvious" No matter what Gray says it isn't going to make me feel any better. He is actually making me feel worse, he didn't have to say that everyone knew.

"Actually that is false, Erza thought she would be smarter than to like someone like Natsu" Mira pitches in.

"Can you please just stop talking about it please? I don't want to draw attention to it" I say still not looking up from my palms. The heat in my face still hasn't gone so i'm not prepared to even glance up.

"Lucy, you know he likes you back right?" Gray says calmly. I glance to the side and see that he isn't joking, for once Gray has a pretty serious face going on.

"No he doesn't. I just know it. I'm too weak for him" I say glancing down at the bar bench. It was true, I was weak and Natsu was always there to help me out which is one of the reasons I love him. He is not only nice, funny, idiotic, attractive but also really caring.

"Well there is only one way to really find that out" Mira says smiling at me. At first I have no idea what she is on about but then I realise what she means.

"No, i'm not asking him out just to be rejected"

"No, that's actually a good idea. You could get him to go somewhere with you and you could ask him there" This is really surprising, Gray is never like this. I can even see shock on Mira's face.