Please don't go

(If Lucy caught up to Natsu before he left for the one year gap)

"You ready for this Happy?" Natsu and Happy stand at the end of the forrest leading out of their home town. A year of training was a sudden idea that occured after Igneel's death but it was something they both thought was that best thing for them. Natsu had left a note for Lucy explaining what was going on and he hated that he had to leave with out a goodbye but he was afraid that saying goodbye would keep him from leaving.

Happy nodded toward Natsu. They were both determined but both just as nervous. They had never been away from the guild for the amount of time they had planned. Neither of them knew if they could survive on the amount of money they had for that period of time either. They had to take each day as it would come.

"I am going to miss Lucshee, Nashu" Happy gently says to Natsu with a guilty look upon his face.

"I'm gonna miss Luce too buddy, im gonna miss her too." Natsu looks down towards the ground contemplating what he is about to do. But he has to come to terms with the fact that it is now or never.

Just as he is about to take a step into the forrest he hears a faint cry in the distance. "Natsuuuuuu, you idiot!"

Natsu looks at Happy as if to question if he heard it too but Happy seems unfazed. He must be imagining it.

"Natsuuuuu, don't leave me alone." He hears it again and so does Happy. They look behind them into the alley way and she a blonde speeding up towards them. She hasn't yet seen them. Natsu and Happy can either run into the forrest and do as planned or stay and listen to what Lucy has to say. Hurt Lucy more or risk even going in the first place.

"Luce!" Natsu decides risking it is best and goes rushing towards the blonde. Lucy recognises him and seems to speed up. They run to each other until they are a couple metres apart and begin to slow down. They are now an arms length apart and staring into each others eyes. Happy slowly trailing in the background careful to not ruin the moment.

There is a pause between the two teammates and then a sudden bound at each other.

"What were thinking just leaving me.....i'll be so lonely...i'll miss you too much and...and.." Lucy was too teary and lost for words to think of what to say next so she just held onto Natsu as tight as she could. "Idiot" She whispers under her breath.

"I'm sorry Luce. I thought this would be the best way to do it since I knew saying goodbye would be hard. I didnt think I could leave if I did it face to face. And if something were to happen on this trip I wouldn't forgive myself"

"And what if something had happened to you?" Lucy says pulling away and looking into his eyes. "What would happen then?"

Natsu hadnt even thought that far. Not that it mattered because he wasnt afraid of much but what if something did happen to him?

"I'm sorry Luce"

"It's fine. You were just being a typical Natsu" The tears slowly dry from her eyes and she giggles to herself.

"You know you can come along if you want?" Natsu says trying to break the silence that had then befallen them.

Lucy kissed Natsu tenderly and quickly before pulling away and answering the caught off guard Natsu. "I think you need to do this by yourself with Happy just promise me that you'll come back in one piece."

Natsu took some time to refocus before responding. "As long as you promise to be here when I return."

"I promise" Natsu lets a smile creep onto his face and Happy manages to get a hug out of Lucy before they leave. They say good bye and go to part ways.

"Luce, wait" Lucy turns back around and is met with Natsu's lips again. They part with large smiles on their faces. Natsu turns around and walks away with his hands behind his head.

"See ya soon Luce"

"Bye Natsu"