Chapter - 5

Zain parked the car infront of the daycare center. I got of the car and rushed to the day care center where I saw my baby playing alone with her toys with one teacher with her.

I went to the teacher and said,  "Ms. Ross, I came to pick up Aara."

"I know, Mrs. Malik. Let me get her," Ms. Ross said as went near Aara.

Aara looked at me and then ran to me. I bend down and she threw her arms around my neck and screamed out, "Mommy!"

I picked her from the floor and held her on my arms. "Assalamualikum, Aara!" I said as I kisses her cheeks.

"Walikum Assalam, mommy!" she laughed and hugged me again. "I missed you.

"I missed you too baby," I said as I began to walk towards Zain's car. Zain was standing beside his car and was waiting for us.

"Mommy, today I was so lonely, Aara said as I held her on my arms and walked towards Zain's car. "Usually my best friend, Aasif stays with me but today he got sick mommy."

I was shocked. Wait a minute. Don't tell me this Aasif is the same Aasif who is Zain's son! I wanted to ask Aara more questions but I heard Aara yelling and looked at her.

"That's Aasif's daddy!" Aara yelled pointing at Zain who was only a few meters away from us.

I looked at Zain, shocked. "Really?"

Zain nodded and he saw us. "I wanted to tell you this but I forgot. Aasif comes to this same daycare center. I just found out just now that our kids already knows eachother."

I sighed. WHY THE HECK I AM SURROUNDED BY SOMEBODY WHO IS REALTED TO ZAIN SOMEHOW?

Aara wiggled out of my hold and landed on the ground. She ran to Zain and waved her hand to Zain. "Hi mister!"

Zain bend down to meet her eyes. "Hey little girl."

"Are you Muslim, mister?" she asked innocently.

Zain laughed softly and nodded. "Alhamdulillah, I am Muslim."

"Well then, Assalamualikum!" she grinned.

"Walikum Asslam," Zain said.

"I am Aara, mister," Aara said and then she ran to me and grabbed my finger and pulled me towards Zain. "And this pretty lady is my mommy."

I looked at Zain and we both smiled.

"I know, Aara. I know your mommy from before," Zain said.

"You know? Then . . . um . . . does mommy knows you too?" she asked and Zain nodded. "That's so cool, mister. So, you are mommy's friend! Mommy never invited her friends to play with me but are you going to play with me, mister?"

I honeslty didn't know what to say. She looked so adorable saying that. I noticed Zain smiling warmly to her.

"Of course, I will play with you," Zain said.

"Yay!" Aara laughed and threw her arms around Zain. "We will play family game. I will be princess and you will be . . . um . . . my daddy?"

I was shocked. I could tell Zain was shocked too.

"Aara!" I gasped. "We need to go home."

"But mommy!" she protested.

I shook my head and put her on the car's backseat and put the seat belt on. I looked at Zain and noticed that he was still shocked.

"I am really sorry," I said to him.

Zain nodded. "No, I was just shocked, that's all."

"Well, she is just . . ." I wanted to say that she wanted a dad but the whole talk was unnessasary. "Nevermind."

"Let me drive you home," Zain offered.

I nodded.

It was after a few minutes when we reached to my appartment. I got off my seat and opened the back door seat and found Aara sleeping. I unbuckled her belt and held her on my arms.

I looked at Zain and smiled. "Thank you, Zain."

Zain smiled at me. "Your welcome. I will stop by the hospital tomorrow and I will be sure to send your car home and it will be fixed as well by tonight. Sorry for my sister's behaviour."

"It's alright. I am used to her," I laughed. "And don't worry about Aasif. He is doing better."

Zain nodded and waved at me. "Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz," I said as he drove away.

I looked at Aara and then thought of Aasif. I didn't know why but it felt like the reason after so many years I had met Zain was because of our kids and it makes me wonder if there is something more that is held for our future.