Chapter - 4

I looked at Nazia is shock. "Zain is your brother?"

"Of course!" Nazia said and then turned to Zain. "And why are you here? I thought you have appointment with your love of your life?"

"Huh?" Zain was as shocked as I was.

"Your love of your life! Your office, I mean," she said. "What are you doing here?"

"Well," Zain stratched his head. "Aasif got sick . . ."

"Aasif was admittes to hospital for get getting Anaphylaxis in his daycare. The ambulance got him in the hospital in time before his situation could become mote severe," I said.

"What?" Nazia said. "Which room is he in? Sumaiya, did you did a check up on him? Is he alright?"

"He is alright," I said. "We are going to keep him in the hospital for 1 week till he gets good care of his health."

Nazia nodded. "Aasif is going to be more safe in the hospital that his own home. After all, he own dad doesn't take care of him properly."

I noticed her looking at Zain as he shook his head in guilty.

"I need to go to the daycare to pick Aara," I said as I checked my watch. It was 8:00 pm. I was already done with my work for today.

"Yes sure," she said. "Oh wait! What are you going to do with your car?"

"Oh yeah." I wanted to kill Nazia now. Fracturing the car's tire wasn't new. She often went out to get her lunch by borrowing my car and wouldn't somehow manage to scew my car eveytime.

"I can . . . give you a ride if you want," we heard Zaid said, softly.

I looked at Zain. Really? This guy sure changed a lot in these past 7 years.

"That would be nice," Nazia said and then looked at her watch. "Oh crap! I am going to leave now guys since my hubby is waiting for me!"

"Allah Hafiz," I said.

"Allah Hafiz, Sumaiya and Zain, be a good kid," she said as she rushed out of my cabin.

"Nazia always treats like a kid when I am only 2 years younger than her," Zain sighed.

I couldn't help but to laugh. "Well, I need to pick up Aara, my daughter," I said, after I stopped laughing.

"Yeah, but before we go, can I just meet my son once?" he asked.

His voice sounded like he was going to cry. I couldn't vlame him though. The issue was serious. I nodded and lead him towards the toom where Aasif was kept. There was a nurse beside Aasif, who was looking after him.

I opened the room door and Zain rushed to Aasif. He bend down on the bed and held his hand.

The nurse looked at me and nodded. "Dr. Malik, the patient is doing well than before."

"Did he gain conscious yet?" I asked.

"He did for a few minutes but then he lost concious again," the nurse said.

"He might be too weak then. Keep on eye on him the entire night and if he wakes up at night then make sure to feed him liquid food," I said, looking at how Zain was holding onto Aasif's hand.

"Of course, Dr. Malik," she said. "I will inform you if I see any changes in his condition."

I nodded at her and then looked at Zain again.

Zain kissed Aasif's hand then his forhead and slowly wispered, "Please be okay, my champ! Daddy misses you."

A tear slide down my eyes. I quickly whipped it. I had seen many parents before coming to see their kids but this is the first time I have seen somebody this close to their kids. This person was Zain. The guy who was rude, foolish and bullied me every single day. It is hard to imagine how much he have change in these past 7 years. Or maybe the situation made him change. I remembered Nazia's words from before. Zain was a single dad so maybe something did happen thst chnaged him so much.

Zain stood up and looked at me. "Let me drop you off."

I nodded and let him lead the way.  The entire time I was only thinking of what can happen that changed an arrogant beast to such a carring person.