Alex rolled her eyes but made her way towards the kitchen anyway here (Y/n) was expertly cracking eggs.

"How do you do that so perfectly?" Alex asked in awe. there were no shells at all in the egg mixture.

" I'm not a head chef of a luxury restaurant for nothing Alex. "

"Oh yeah, I forgot my girlfriend was a rock star chef."

" Yep, no TVs are left in hotel rooms once I check in they are out the window and into the pools then I use the bath to put my salmon delivery and take over the kitchens to create my perfect creations. " She smiled her eyes still on her task, Alex leaned against the counter next to her and just watched her, her smile making her heart glow.

"My Mom wants us to go visit her for a weekend." Alex broached finally. " Do you want to? " Please say yes.

"When?"

" I don't know but soon. "

"Okay."

" Yeah. "

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

She handed her the bowl and whisk to finish the job while she took out the bacon she knew Kara loved, wincing at the smell, she'd never liked bacon.

"After the other night, I wasn't so sure you wanted to go."

(Y/n) placed the bacon slices in the pan, the sizzling started straight away. "Alex you faced my Dad after he declared his hate for you, my Dad the toughest guy in the world, why would I not do anything for you when you did it for me, if we're gonna be together for life we gotta cope with the in-laws too."

"Is that your way of saying I'm going to have to deal with Cat the next time she calls?" Alex paled.

"I never thought of that but damn that is a good idea, Alex if you want me you have to take my neurotic crazy stepmother too."

" Now hold on let's talk about this. " Alex laughed letting (Y/n) lean on her for support as she laughed as well, it was at that moment the door burst open and a big ball of energy that was Kara burst inside like a whirlwind.

"Where is the food?"

(Y/n) turned to Alex a smug look on her face. "See."

" I'm impressed. "

                                                               xxx

So things are okay with you and (Y/n)?" Kara asked as she picked up a handful of bacon and placed it on her plate, (Y/n) had quickly run back to the bathroom to finish getting ready after her row with Alex, they two sisters sat waiting for her to return, Alex slapped away her sister's hand from claiming any more food. 

"Ouch Alex."

"We are waiting for (Y/n), and yes we are actually doing okay, we have our bumps but we talk about them and it seems to help."

"They say talking is healthy," Kara said with a mouthful of food. 

Alex grimaced at her sister, "Err yeah sure, anyway she agreed to visit Mom with me."

"With us." Kara smiled brightly. "You will need your little sister to smooth things over you know how fiery (Y/n) can be and how Eliza can be."

"Well, she isn't Cat Grant so I'm just happy about that." Alex sighed, that was a blessing but she didn't want (Y/n) hating her mother as much if not more than she did Cat, that would just be awful.

(Y/n) walked through the doorway looking her usual perfect self, her long hair now piled simply on her head a few spirals of hair fell down, Alex felt the urge to touch each one in turn and twirl them around her fingers, lock Kara out of the apartment and take her back to bed for the next few days.