Hermione shakes her head, "it's not the first time you're flying, Gin"

"But it is my first time against him"

" Think he'll beat you?" Hermione asks with a tiny smirk on her face.

"Oh no way. No fucking way! I'm going to show him how Weasleys play" she sniffs.

Hermione chuckles. " Buckle up then. Just twenty minutes left"

"Right.... Mione?"

"Yes"

Ginny's eyes are sparkling as she asks, "Where is the Felix Felicis you made for your task?"

Hermione licks her lips. "P-Professor Slughorn kept it....And even if I had it, I most certainly wouldn't have allowed you to use it"

Ginny scowls "I know. And that's why I would've taken it out of your trunk" she sticks her tongue out.

Hermione huffs a laugh, her insides burning. She hated lying, but she couldn't have let Ginny use the potion, because she wanted the blond to have a fair chance.

Because she was a Gryffindor. Yes, that's why.

°•○

Only Parkinson and Nott were present from the Slytherin House. A sudden something made her heart flutter, and she placed a hand on her chest. It wasn't at all because of the fact that he was alone. So, so alone. His own house members not speaking to him. Having just two friends. His father behind the bars in Azkaban, and his mother buried deep within the ground. Her heart clenched inside her chest. Okay, may be...just may be she did care a little...just a little.

The stands were decorated in Gryffindor colours; red and gold by the Gryffindors. Even the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were wearing red scarves to show their support for Ginny. Hermione wondered why the other Slytherins weren't here...

"Ms. Weasley, Mr. Malfoy, up please!" Madam Hooch whistles.

Hermione holds her breath as she watches the blond mount the broom, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, showing pale skin and some veins. His gaze remains on the ground as he flies up and high, towards Madam Hooch.

Ginny and Malfoy hover in the air, right in the middle of the field, facing each other.

"Since your positions in the Quidditch Team are not the same, we have come up with a task that would include, both, chasing and seeking skills. The Golden Snitch will be released, and as you'll fly, you'll find many obstacles in your way. Mind you, the obstacle might even be a flying bludger...Any questions?" She asks.

"No, Professor" Ginny says, their voices raised by sonorous.

Malfoy, as usual, shakes his head.

"Alright, children, best of luck to you both. Please shake your hands"

Ginny's nostrils flare as she raises her hand, and a muscle in Malfoy's jaw twitches as he clasps his hand around hers.

And with a sinking feeling in her heart, Hermione discovers that she's..jealous of Ginny. She turns her head away, her eyes stinging for some  reason. She sniffs and pulls her scarf tighter around herself, her nose turning red due to the cold.

Something shatters inside her when she finds her heart praying- almost wishing for Malfoy to win.

"Please win, Gin" She whispers, her breath puffing out.

"No foul play. Get set.... and GO!" Madam Hooch whistles, and the crowd erupts into yells and howls.
" Go Ginny Go " the Gryffindors cheer, and Hermione has to force herself to join. She doesn't know what's happening to her...or why it's happening, but she knows she hates it. Already.