Chapter 5: Captured Braixen

Back in Vex's castle, everything was dark and deadly. Booby traps everywhere, hidden so well that even one step could kill you.

In one of the dark, cold rooms, a scared Braixen whimpered quietly.

She had a few cuts on her arms and legs. She had two big scars, one on her neck, and one above her left eye.

She was also chained to the wall, cuffs on her wrists, ankles, neck, and waist.

Her mind came back to that day, when she got captured by Vex.

Braixen and her trainer, Carla, were training for the Kalos Championship. Vex appeared, and killed Carla. Braixen tried to escape, but Vex caught her, taking her back to his castle.

"Carla....," she whimpered, and started to cry.

The door swung open, and Braixen jumped, sobbing.

Vex came in, a disgusted look on his face.

"I should just kill you now. I'll be more happy."

Braixen shook her head, tears streaming down her face.

"Please, don't hurt me," she pleaded.

Vex walked up to her, narrowed his eyes, then slapped her face so hard she spit out blood.

He grabbed her arm, nearly breaking it.

"You don't tell me what to do, you pathetic mutt!" He bellowed.

Braixen kept her mouth closed, not wanting to anger him more.

Vex let her go, turned to the door, and before he closed the door, he sneered,"I'll make sure your death will be slow and painful."

Braixen cried softly.