Chapter 5- The adventure continues

Gar and Wade

Gar was sprinting as fast as he could, willing his short legs to carry him faster. The girl had completely ignored Wade, and started chasing after him. She was only small, but Gar had only just got used to walking on four paws and he was struggling to not trip over as he ran. After only a short amount of time, he stumbled and fell over. The girl stopped next to him, beaming and only slightly out of breath. Breathless, Gar watched the girl pull a normal Pokeball out of her pocket and threw it onto the ground in front of him. Wade arrived just in time to see Gar get pulled into the Pokeball. "Well, this is bad." He sighed.

Pat and Jp

"So...what now?" Jp asked, looking around at their surroundings.  Pat tried to shrug, forgetting for a second where he was and that he didn't have shoulders. "I don't know." He sighed. "I can't exactly go anywhere though, I need water to breathe." Jp nodded and thought for a second. "I'll have a look around and try and find someone who knows where we are. Don't go anywhere." He started walking away, his short legs making it hard to move very fast. "Where the hell would I go." Pat muttered, diving back down into the water. He swam around, exploring the small pond he was in. There was a sudden movement behind him, and Pat felt something swim past him. He turned around just in time to see a long, sharp beak spear through the water, only inches from his tail. 

Wade (and Gar)

Wade watched as the girl ran back to her father, holding Gar's Pokeball triumphantly in her hand. "Daddy! I caught it! I caught the Eevee!" The man smiled and ruffled her hair. "Well done sweetheart! That's your first Pokemon, and do you know what everyone says about first Pokemon?" "What do they say?" The girl asked, looking up at her father curiously. "Well, people say that your first Pokemon is the Pokemon that you develop the strongest bond with." Her father smiled at her, tapping the Pokeball with one finger. The little girl gasped and hugged the Pokeball to her chest. The man took her hand and they started walking away, neither of them realizing that they were being followed by a Mr.Mime.

Pat

Pat darted forwards, out of the way of the beak. He surfaced and caught a glimpse of a Pidgey standing on the edge of the pond. "Hey! What the hell are you doing?" He snapped, trying to sound confident, despite knowing that the other Pokemon could eat him in one snap of its beak. The Pidgey jumped and looked at him. He was small and fluffy, making him look quite weak and wimpy now Pat could see him properly. "Gah! You talked! Magikarps don't talk to us...they just swim away in fear." The Pidgey tilted its head and moved closer to the pond in confusion. "Well...you could say that I'm not just a regular Magikarp. So are you gonna eat me or something?" Pat replied, still annoyed. The Pidgey looked guilty for a second. "It's my first hunting trip today, I'm meant to find something to eat and bring it back to show the rest of the flock. I've been out since sunrise and you're the first piece of prey that I've seen. I'm sorry...I didn't realize you could talk." Pat relaxed lightly, starting to feel sorry for the Pokemon.  "It's ok, I'm sorry for getting mad. My name's Pat." The Pidgey was looking happier now he realized that Pat wasn't angry anymore. "I'm Clay." He chirped. "What makes you so different?" Pat sighed and began explaining what had happened, Clay listening intently.