Harry Potter Meets Percy Jackson

Start from the beginning

Harry's P.O.V.

    As Albus walked back in, I asked curiously, "Who was it?"
   "Apparently it's our new neighbor. She called herself Annabell or Annabeth or something. I don't know. Mum's taking care of it I guess." I nodded. Several minutes later, Ginny walked back in.
   "That was Annabeth Jackson, our soon to be neighbor. She and her family are moving here from the United States."
   "Really?" I said, interested.
   "Yeah. She seemed like a really nice person. As soon as they move in, we'll have them over for dinner." she declared.
   "That should be fun. I look forward to meeting them."
   "Yeah. Me too."

Chapter Two
Moving Day

Percy Jackson was helping the movers secure the many boxes and bags in the truck that would take it to the ship that they were moving in. Annabeth was herding the children so they'd be able to leave. Thalia ran out of the house with a backpack slung over her shoulder and hopped in to the car. Her younger brother came shortly after and jumped in next to to her. When they were finally on the boat and in motion, it was only a couple hours at sea, with Percy's help, of course. When the boat finally pulled into the dock, the drive to their new house was only a couple blocks away, as they'd wanted it close to the sea. They pulled into their new driveway and the kids hurried in to 'claim' their rooms. When they came out again, movers were taking stuff out of their truck and lugging it inside.

Thalia's P.O.V.

I ran outside after claiming the larger room. Two boys around my age came out of the house next to ours. One of the two approached me.

   "Hi. I'm James."
   "Thalia Jackson," I replied, sticking out a hand.
   "Nice to meet you," James said, shaking it enthusiastically. The other boy stepped forward.
   "Albus Potter," he said and I shook hands with him as well."
   "Umm... So how old are you guys?"
   "I'm ten. James is eleven."
   "Turning twelve this month!" James said happily.
   "So...what school are you going to?" I asked, hoping that I might know at least SOMEONE at my new school.
   "Ummm....well we go to a private boarding school in Scotland..."
   James whispered something to Albus that sounded like,"You might not... you haven't gotten your letter yet..."
   "Shut up, James!" Albus said quietly.
   "What was that?" I asked.
   "Nothing," he said hurriedly. I raised my eyebrows. "It wasn't anything that mattered."
   "Really," I said, unconvinced.
   "What?" Albus asked innocently.
    I eyed him suspiciously before saying, "Never mind."
    Albus relaxed visibly, "So, you lived in America?" I nodded and he continued, "That's pretty cool. I've read about it. What state were you from?"
   "We've move around a lot, but we just came from Colorado. We lived in Littleton. Chances are we'll move back to America eventually."
   "Oh."
   "Yeah. So anyway... ummm... are there a lot of kids in this neighborhood?"
   "There's our cousins, Rose and Hugo. There over here all the time. Rose is ten and Hugo is eight, turning nine soon. Other than them, there's not a lot of kids, but my family is enormous and most of the time there's someone over to visit. By the way, you never told us how old you are," James said quickly. I had a feeling he talked a lot.
   "I'm ten, same as Albus."
   "You can call me Al if you want. Everyone does," Albus said, shrugging. I heard a shriek from the Potter's house and then a woman's voice.
   "JAMES SIRIUS POTTER!!! YOU GET IN HERE THIS INSTANT!!!"
   Albus rolled his eyes, "What have you done now?"
   "Dunno. Best go and find out. See ya, little bro!"
   "Merl-God, he drives me mad. You have any siblings?"
   "I have a seven year old brother, but that's all. My family's pretty small. My father was an only child and my mom has two half siblings but they don't have any kids so there aren't any kids but me and Luke in my family."
   "My dad's an only child but my mum had six brothers. And most of them have kids so there's a lot of cousins."
   "Wow. You have six uncles?" I asked. For some reason he looked sadly at his feet when I said this.
   "Er.... no. Five." I felt really insensitive and tactless now.
   "Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't reali-"
   "No. It's fine. He died before I was born. I never knew him." There was an awkward silence before a small pigtailed girl ran out.
   "Al, Mum wants you inside for dinner," she looked at me, "Who's that?"
   "Lily! Don't be rude," he turned to me, "This is my little sister, Lily. Lily this is Thalia. She just moved in next door." She smiled at me.
   "Hi!"
   "Albus! Lily! Dinner!"
   "That's my mum. We've got to go. See you around."
   "Yeah. See you."