Part Eleven: Truce?

Start from the beginning

The secretary took the woman's hand and shook it gently. "Truce." She felt a bit relieved.

"But that doesn't mean that I want you breathing down Lauren's neck or hovering over my daughter," she glared.

Hailee nodded furiously. "I totally understand. Hell, I'll back away completely if I have to."

Camila got off the desk and patted Hailee on the head. "Chill. I'm kidding....not exactly," she pulled out a pocket knife from her jacket and smirked at Hailee's reaction. Camila grabbed the apple off her wife's desk and began to slice it. Popping a piece into her mouth. "But Lauren says you help her out when I'm not there and I really appreciate that. It's just...I guess you need to know your place."

***

"Well, well, well would you look at that," Maggie Jauregui said as she paused at the couple's bedroom door. "I never thought I'll see the day where Camila is moving back into the unholy room that is Camren."

Lauren threw a pillow carelessly at her sister who dodged it with ease. "What are you doing here? Who even let you in?"

"My beloved niece allowed me to enter your humble abode," Maggie smiled sweetly at her sister. She propped herself against the doorframe looking on at the couple.

Camila rolled her eyes. "I thought I told Izzy not to open the door for strangers." She stuck her tongue out at the woman.

Maggie fake gasped. "Ouch, Camzii. To think I thought we had something special. Something real," she approached the woman and held her hand looking into her eyes. "I thought we were something."

Camila laughed and shoved the woman away. "Why aren't you an actress? I swear you're so extra sometimes."

"That's why I'm a model," Maggie winked. "Those bitches can be so extra, oh my god. Have you seen how some of those walk that Victoria Secret's runway? Like y'all the lingerie is ugly, but they're working it which makes me wanna empty my bank account on that shit."

Lauren stared at her sister in awe. Wondering where half the shit that comes out of mouth actually comes from. "Mags...you're a Victoria Secret's Model. Did you just...did you just diss yourself?"

The woman shrugged. "Self deprecating is what I do best to be honest," she looked around the room. "Anyway, what's going on here? You're moving back in?" Camila nodded. "Are you gonna start having sex again?"

"What's sex?"

The three women in the room spun around to be greeted to Isabella Jauregui. The kid sure did have impeccable timing, just like her mother; who always seem to catch Hailee and Lauren in a position that Camila did not like one bit.

Maggie stooped to her niece's height. Both Camila and Lauren were scared out of their minds.

What was Maggie going to tell their daughter?

"That's a lovely jacket you got there kiddo," Maggie acknowledged. "Can I get it? I think it'll look cute with my jeans, don't you think?"

Izzy shook her head 'no'. "But you can't fit in it, tía."

Maggie fake gasped and clutched chest. "Are you calling me fat?"

Izzy giggled. "No! I'm not. You're beautiful just the way you are."

The child's aunt blushed. "What the hell, why is a kid smoother than me?" She ruffled her niece's hair. "But you're even more beautiful. Between you and me," Maggie whispered loudly into the child's ear. "You're more beautiful than your mummys." She pretended to shush Izzy so she wouldn't say anything.