Turning point

"I quit" the words came out as casual as a greeting, without a hint of sarcasm in them.It had been a few days but even ghouls feel it after falling fifty meters down on hard concrete, specially when we're low on gas. "What... why? Is it because you can't handle it?" I've handled worse. "No I just can't work here anymore, no amount of money can keep me here anymore, I'm leaving regardless of what you say."

"But we're so close, besides that project is almost finished, we just need more recruits, you're already our top option to lead the squa-" "I won't be part of that, please excuse me." I turned around heading for the door but it opened before I could get to it. "Ah it's good that you're still here, we're heading out tonight so start getting ready." Akira walked in, and I had to fight the urge from pushing her out of the way, but this was surprising.

"We're conducting an attack to counter against the ghouls, we've already found the location and made preparations to head to that sector." You're leaving anyways it's not your problem. "Akira What sector?" She looked behind me, as I walked past her leaving the room. "The 20th ward." A horrible sensation ran through my body, and I convulsed in the possibility I actually heard those words. "Hey where are you going? I said we where leaving."

Should I stay? Can I sabotage the mission from this position? Or maybe try and change their minds. "As of now I quit, I can't keep slaughtering those things, risking my life every time I fight against them ." She looked at me in what I could only guess was disbelief. "You're jut going to leave? And run away like a coward?" "This isn't my fight, it's yours." I didn't intend for the words to come out the way they did, full of bitter hostility. But that's exactly how she took them, taking a step back as she went back in the room. This wasn't my fight.

They where my fight. I headed out of headquarters with a million questions asking me where I was going. All I could say was I resigned after the incident and I was injured enough to be scared for life. When in reality I was hauling ass to Anteiku to warn everyone about the attack. This was not about to go down the same way it did at Choclea. The careless mistake I made was not going to repeat itself at this crucial moment.

I took my phone out as I ran towards the train station. Pick up. "Hello this is Uta." His voice was the normal friendly tone I longed for every day, and it felt nice to hear it again. "Hey it's me, I was wondering if you ever finished my mask?" It was quiet for a moment, I couldn't even hear him breathing, and I had to check he hadn't hung up. "You there?" "You missed dinner the other day, I tried really hard that day too."

"I'm so sorry, I couldn't call you since my phone and most of the bones in my body where smashed after a run in with a ghoul, but I promise I'll see you tonight." It was quiet again. Then it wasn't, as his laughter erupted from the other line. "I was joking, I almost cut m hand off tryin to make you sushi." I paused scanning my card as I walked towards the train. "I gave your mask to Hinami when you went missing, she should have it."

"That's great since I'm heading there right now." He let out a grunt, and I heard something falling. "What are you going to do? I feel like you're about to do something wreck less."I squeezed past the people inside the train, leaving the station as I head out towards Anteiku. Snow started falling, coating my hair in the cold flakes as I shivered under the cold. "Do you remember when we first met?"

"What's going on?" I stopped running, slowing down until I was walking, puffs of steam leaving my mouth with every breath I took. "I remember how weird I though you where, but you where there for me when no one else was, thank you." I heard him say something under his breath, it might have been fuck. "You better not be saying goodbye, or I won't forgive you." I laughed bringing my hand up to my eyes, rubbing away the tears.

"I'm just going out to buy something for breakfast tomorrow, you forgot to buy cream for the coffee so I went out to buy some," he hummed, like he was agreeing with me. "I'll be back in a while, we can celebrate me quitting my shitty job, and watch a movie together." He chuckled, and I swear I heard him sniffle. "Yeah a comedy, with popcorn..." I saw the caffe come in sight, with the sun setting behind the building. "I'm lookin forward to it."

- so stuff is about to happen that leads to the third season. I finally got around to watch it and more chapters are going to come out. Also I'll be editing some of my earlier chapters for any typos and mistakes since I started writing this story on a broken computer. After the next chapter Tokyo Ghoul: Re should be the focus of the story line.-
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!