Expert

I woke up early to the sound of someone screaming in pain. A trail of curses led me to the kitchen where Uta was attempting to make breakfast. I sat down on the table and he looked at me cleaned and newly dressed. "Thank you again." I said seeing the burned toast and the poorly cooked omelet.

He handed me the plate proudly expecting my critique. I took the fork and started eating, the taste was t bad the eggs where a little burned and the toast was crisp but it was good over all. "Taste good." I said finishing my last bite. "It still disgusts me, the fact that you can actually savor human food..." He shook his head as if pushing that thought aside.

"Anyways are you ready?" I nodded my head jumping of the stools. I didn't have time to think about the size of everything in his house, but it was all giant sized... "We will stay a while so don't expect to leave early." He said walking over to the door. I followed behind him and we walked into the dry crisp air.

To anyone else we would have seemed like an ordinary couple walking by. But the reality of his arm wrapped around my arms protectively really meant 'don't run act casual'. We made it to the cafe in safety thanks to Uta's cautiousness. When he told me on the subway that a man had traces of human flesh with him I couldn't help but squirm about. But other than that everything went fine.

He opened the door of a cafe, ordinary looking with the strong scent of coffee. It was calming almost inviting and I felt safe in this environment. We sat near a window and he ordered us drinks. However he did casually slip in a note. When our drinks came I waited until Uta took a sip to take one myself.

"It's the only drink ghouls can drink..." I said remembering the file on ghouls. "So you never really killed anyone in your job? You just made weapons." I nodded leaning my head against the chair. "I wouldn't have, I never really cared much about ghouls. I just thought they where unique not a disease."

"You know it's odd... For some reason you ar... Ah hello." Uta stood up and shook hands with an older man that smiled kindly at us. I stood up and did the same thing and he motioned us to follow him. We went up the stairs to some private quarters and we sat down him bringing us another cup of coffee.

"You said this was urgent. How come?" He asked Uta "She became a ghoul, it's odd to describe but she wasn't a ghouls and now she is. And well... She doesn't eat humans. She can just eat normally." The old man looked at me his eyes flashing "undoubtedly there is the faint scent of human but the strong scent of ghouls really resides in her." He stood up and took my hand.

"If you would I would like to see the Kagune." I borrowed Uta's clothes and kept my torn shirt from yesterday underneath. So I took of the sweater and stepped away. Out of nowhere the sensation rushed through me and I felt it thrash about. The old man seemed surprised and took a hold. "This is magnificent, have you ever used it in battle?"

"I don't need to use it. Since I don't eat humans..." He smiled patting my shoulder "it's not the humans that tend to fight back. Wouldn't you like to know how to defend yourself from other ghouls?" I nodded a little emotional from not being able to do anything yesterday to my attacker.

"Well in that case you can room with one of our workers and I can provide you a job her-" "I'd rather stick to my apartment. But I would like the job... My last one had an aura attracting creeps." He nodded and Uta chimed in "You could stay with me. You've been over before." I stared at him giving him a shut up look.

"What relationship did you tw-" "Ah it's really late I should get going... When do I come in for work?" He looked surprised but smiled and Uta silently giggled in the corner. "Tomorrow afternoon would be fine." He said showing us the exit. We bid farewells and Uta stood awkwardly with me at the door.

"I'll return this to you. When will I see you again?" He shrugged outing his hands in his pockets. "You can come over when you want. I do like our friendship." He smiled slipping of his sunglasses. He extended a hand and instead I pulled him into a hug. "Thank you for your help." I pulled away and started walking to my home. I saw him on the doorstep waving me off with a slight smile.

After time of walking around I kept a sharp eye around me. I wouldn't let that scenario happen again. I safely made it home taking my shoes of at the entrance I saw traces of mud. And then I noticed the mud was in fact dirtied snow mixed with blood. I almost turned around to run but I heard the sound the voice of my intruder and quickly knew who it was.

-Totally feel like it's a short chapter-

I'll try to do a longer more detailed chapter