Chapter 26- The Picture

Start from the beginning

"And so, your identity must stay a secret. Which means no palace visits for a little bit and we're going to have to sneak you out today."

"What about you guys? I mean Devon, surely you're going to have problems with the media now," Evie said as she got a jacket on.

"Nothing we haven't dealt with before," Devon said with a small smile. "Now come on, we've got to get you home."

Evie was silently ushed down the stairs and back to the door. Tina wrapped a scarf around her neck and then Evie lowered her sunglasses onto her face.

"Alright, you're going to go outside, and immediately get in the car alright? I'm sending you home in my limo so that it doesn't seem out of the ordinary. I'll call you later to make sure that everything is still going alright, ok?" Tina said.

"I'm fine Tina," Evie said quietly to her. "I just hope everything goes over ok on your end."

"We're fine," Tina insisted with a smile. "We've dealt with the media on many occasions."

Devon then stepped forward and stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry our first date ended like this," He said just loudly enough for her to hear. "I guess it comes with being-"

"Don't. You don't have to apologize for anything," Evie said.

She looked at him and then glanced at Tina who just so happened to be looking the other direction before leaning forward and giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Bye Devon."

And with that, Evie ran out of the palace and into the limo.

~

"Kennedy?" Evie called as soon as she got home.

The limo ride had gone by much slower since there was no one to talk to and after the eventful night, Evie honestly just wanted to go to bed.

"Evie!" Kennedy exclaimed from her place on the couch.

Ella was curled up next to her and was currently enjoying a piece of chocolate.

"I need to talk to you Kennedy," Evie said. "Alone. Right now."

Ella groaned and snuggled closer to Kennedy.

"Ella," Evie warned. "I need you to go to your room please."

"But Ev-"

"El! Now please! I'll be in there in a second to talk to you."

Ella mumbled under her breath but got up upon hearing her sister's urgent tone.

Once she was out of the room, Kennedy turned off the TV and faced Evie.

"What happened Evie? Was it magical-"

"Pictures of us got out. Well more specifically one picture of us kissing in a restaurant leaked and Tina thinks it'll be broadcasted internationally by morning."

"Oh my god, Evie."

"I know!" Evie exclaimed. "What was I thinking? Going on a date with him. I mean I knew that there might be some pictures but not ones of us kissing."

"Can you tell? That it's you?"

"No, thank god. I don't need crazy royal family fans following me to work."

"You need to tell Ella."

"I know. And I'm going to since I don't want her to find out from someone else. I mean most people probably won't know that it's me but if El sees the picture she'll know."

"I'll know what?" Ella asked, reentering the room.

"I thought I told you-"

"I heard my name and I decided that I had a right to hear what you were saying."

"Fine!" Evie sighed. "Kennedy, do you mind?"

"Not at all. I'll be in your room Evie," Kennedy said.

Evie sighed and ran a hand through her brown hair.

"I've had a crush on this guy Ella. And tonight I finally went out with him for the first, well maybe second, time. But I want you to know Ella that I genuinely like this guy alright? I'm not trying to be with him for any other weird reasons."

Ella scrunched her eyebrows and nodded her head.

"I went on a date with Prince Devon," Evie whispered.

"Prince Devon?" Ella repeated. "As in Tina's brother?"

"Yeah."

"Awesome!"

A/N- Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update on Thursday, I just completely forgot! I think I've got to start setting reminders on my phone.

Anyway what's your favorite song right now?

I really love Mr. Brightside by The Killers (you can listen to it by clicking the video at the top of this chapter!) and Love Lies by Khalid and Normani.

Alright I'll see you guys on Thursday! (Actually this time lol)