F I V E 🌸

Depuis le début

"I didn't wanna be heard from." She mumbled and I kissed my teeth.

"You selfish as fuck." I mumbled under my breath. "Wassup with you?"

"Nothing." She said and cleared her throat.

"What you mean nothing man? You just dropped off the face of the earth for two days like it was nothing."

"Because nigga," she said loudly and looked at me, "It ain't nothing."

"It's gotta be something if I been tryna get a hold of you dawg." I said firmly and she rolled her eyes again. "You can't see I want your attention?"

"Is that what it's called now? Attention?" She asked with a chuckle.

I kept on glancing between the road and her, looking at her like she was stupid. What did that even mean?

"Lemme tell you somethin' lil girl." I said to her as I pulled over on the shoulder of the highway. She turned towards me with an expression that gave off 'what nigga' vibes. "What you think I want from you? Clout? Sex?"

"All of the above." She said with a sarcastic smile.

"Aight well I could get that from anybody. And if I wanted it from you it woulda been happened. Ion stick around a female if that's all I want. You know why? Cuz I don't have to." I said honestly as I got up in her face.

"What the fuck you want then?"

I ignored her and started driving again. We were silent for a few more minutes as we came off of the highway. I wanted to take her out of Bronx for the day and get her mind off of whatever she was thinking about. She was already getting on my nerves but I wanted to do this for her.

"You hungry?" I asked her and she simply nodded. "What you wanna have?"

"Anything." She said softly before clearing her throat.

"Why you got so quiet?" I asked her and she shrugged, not answering me directly. "I'm sorry I raised my voice at you aight? I was outta place for that and it ain't gon happen again."

"I hear you." She mumbled.

I parked the car at Denny's and turned to look at her, "You wanna eat in the car or you wanna come in there?" She turned to look at me and I could tell by the scowl on her face that she didn't want to do either. I laughed at her expression and gave her another option, "You wanna go to my mama's place? She doesnt live too far from here. Ain't nobody home so we could just chill and watch TV or sum. I know you ain't tryna be around nobody."

"Sure." She said softly but I could tell she was being a lil apprehensive.

"I'm not gon do anything I shouldn't. Don't worry ma." I said honestly and she just nodded. "What you craving?"

"I want pancakes, eggs and bacon." She said and I nodded, "And a tea please."

I nodded and picked up my wallet before leaving out of the car to order our food.

Delilah

I decided to cut Jordan some slack seeing that it was evident he wanted to help me feel better. I didn't completely believe everything he said, but at the same time I didn't completely doubt him. You know?

I knew he's a player and I know he's one of the best looking men not only in the Bronx, but the whole of New York. He has money and charm and bitches love money and charm. So I knew he could have any female he wants, I just didn't understand why he wanted me.

As much as I hate to admit it, he makes me comfortable. I don't think I'll ever be able to say that aloud though.

Finally, he came back to the car and I reached over to open the door for him. He came in and rested my bag on my lap and his own in the backseat. We drove off making small talk about nothing particularly while I picked pieces of bacon out of my bag.