13. here with you

Start from the beginning

Ava rolled her eyes, "Well because I was the only one that met him, I told them when you weren't here. I was just trying to look out for you-" The bell suddenly rang an Ava immediately stopped talking. Saved by the bell. But she wasn't off the hook, none of them were.

---

"Did you tell them?" Jesse asked he looked kind of nervous.

I gave him a warm smile. "Well. . . yeah I told them." I laughed, "Anyway no need to be nervous. They love you!" I lied- well I wasn't completely lying. "They want to meet you."

Jesse let out a breath of relief, "That's awesome." He smiled, "But there's something I want to tell you- that's why I called you in the first place." He suddenly got serious and I was instantly scared. "Look at your face." He laughed and I nervously laughed along with him, "My mother wants to meet you, to talk about Adam of course. He wasn't really in her life she feels like she's failed as a mother."

I smiled sadly at Jesse. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him and his family.

"Hey babe." I turned around and saw Jace walking toward us. He grabbed onto my hand and then looked up at Jesse. A light smile broke onto his lips. "Jesse right? Nice to meet you man, I'm Jace."

Jesse nodded his head up and down as he gave Jace a pat on the shoulder. "Yeah, nice to meet you too man." I looked up at Jace and smiled at him for being so nice to Jesse.

Jace quickly placed a kiss on my cheek as he said, "I'll catch you later Scar, you too Jesse!"

Jesse and I both laughed. "Of course I'll talk to your mother Jesse." I answered with the biggest smile playing on my lips.

---

"Jesse seems cool." Jace mumbled as he wrapped his arms would me, pulling me closer toward his chest.

I smiled and looked up at him, "Yeah he really is. Thanks for being so nice to him."

Jace nodded his head qiuckly. "Anything for you." He gave me a quick kiss on the check, "I really feel like ice cream." He thought out loud. "You?"

I nodded my head slowly as I opened Jace's car door and threw myself in. "Sure, I could go for ice cream."

Jace smiled and I laughed at how excited he was to get ice cream. There was a little ice cream shop ten minutes away from our school.

What felt like seconds but what was actually minutes, we were at the ice shop. Jace and I got out of the car, as I rambled on about which ice cream flavour I was going to get. "I love vanilla but I feel like that's so basic-" My words suddenly stopped and Jace tilted his head toward me.

"It can't be her." I whispered to myself quietly but I knew it was her. As I walked closer toward the counter I could see her green eyes looking past me and her fiery red hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail.

Jace chuckled at my strange behavior and walked up ahead of me. Mia quickly looked at Jace and smiled. I slowly walked behind him and her smile dropped completely.

My eyes dropped to her shiny name tag that read Mia in cursive. I had no idea she worked here. She must have just gotten hired because I came here all the time.

Mia took a second, but she quickly smiled again and looked back Jace. "What can I get you two?"

"Mia please," I whispered. "I really have to talk to you."

Jace looked beyond confused, "Oh wait- you guys know each other?"

Mia quickly shook her head and whispered to a girl beside her to take our order as she walked away.

I sighed, "She's mad at me right now." I explained to Jace.

Jace smiled sadly and put his arm around my shoulders, "Well who is she?"

I shrugged, "She's a family friend, my parents have been friends with her parents for a while."

Once Jace and I got our ice cream we found a quiet little spot at the back of the shop.

I looked up at Jace but he already staring at me. I blushed and mumbled, "What are you looking at?" My jaw dropped, "Oh my god is there something on my face-"

Jace reached across the table and my grabbed my hand, "Would you calm down?" He rolled his eyes as he laughed at me. "I'm looking at you because you're beautiful."

My heart almost melted, "Oh. . . Jace Walker you're too good." It was so chessy of him to say but meant so much to me at the same time.

Jace shrugged, "What can I say Scar? I've had a lot of practice."

I hit his arm, "Shut up." I hissed at him, "But thank you." I laughed and looked up at him slowly.

He shook his head, "I'm happy to be here with you alone. You make me forget."

I paused eating my ice cream, "Make you forget what?" I was suddenly worried.

He leaned in closer towards me, "I should have told you. It's my mother's birthday today, or it would have been. " He said and I almost fell off my chair. "Today is usually a bad day, but it's not because I'm here with you."

---

HEY GUYS I'M ALIVE. School is almost done in two weeks and then I have exams. Hopefully I can get more updates out soon. Love you all enjoy.