41.

It was the graduation ball, which happens a week after the graduation ceremony.

Graduated ones are welcomed to appear with their dates, clad in gowns and tuxedos.

WeiAi sighed, the slight uneasiness at the back of her mind. How should she react when she sees him? Was her main concern.

Abruptly having warm squeeze on her shoulder of assurance from her man, she tilted her head to read his features. Her one and only Cai Xukun. The man she committed herself to, the man who'd committed himself to her since the beginning.

WeiAi was wearing a long midnight blue gown, while her man wore a tuxedo matching the same colour as hers. She sighed, he looked dashing as ever. She could see other women who held their dates eyeing him like he was some juicy bone.

WeiAi gritted her teeth before tightly holding him. He suppressed his giggle before teasing, "Couldn't help myself but m'lady, you look green. Perhaps, jea-"

She cut him off with a chaste peck, he stiffed before pulling her by waist. "Aha! Too much skin ship not allowed!"

She rolled her eyes, "Let's find a place to sit at first, we need to dance, remember?" She exclaimed, he only nodded in reply.

The hallways were endless, like a maze. As she scanned her eyes on the sea of people seated on their assigned white chairs with their date, she saw different faces of friends, old and new.

Calmly both of them found a table, where they could get the perfect view of everyone dancing. And suddenly, her eyes landed on him who'd already been staring at her. She slightly bowed her head to seem polite, so did he.

WeiAi and Kunkun danced, their loving gaze at each other didn't go unnoticed by anyone.

As they were done, the tall man clad in shimmery midnight blue tuxedo whose copper brown hair was styled to the side which took breath away of other women around him,
approached them. "I'd like to interrupt you guys." The man suddenly interrupted. "Can i have a last dance with my best friend?" Xukun nodded before planting a chaste kiss on her temple, "Sure, Chengcheng."

Chengcheng guided her to the dance floor, a hand wrapping around her waist. Smoothly pulling close until she barely felt much distance between them. She took one step forward, he took one step back. He pulled her hand up and twirled her under the arch of his arm.

"How are you, Ai?"

"Fine, you?"

A slight chuckle, "I feel... empty."

"I know how that feels."

His eyes widened, "Are you happy?"

"Completely and truly."

"I love you, Ai."

"I love you too."

"Maybe we'll be together-"

"-in another life."

Mar 05, 2018 — June 23, 2018
.