24.

"Kun," WeiAi voiced out.

"Hmm?" As Xukun hummed in reply, encouraging her to continue.

"Been a week since you've been so closy, comfy with me. Were we ever that close?" She furrowed her eyebrows at him, his eyes fixed on the book clasped in his hand.

"Listen, I know how you feel. I don't want to make you feel that way. Also, what's so wrong with me wanting to be your friend?" He rested the book on the table before plopping his chin on his hand, staring at WeiAi intently.

"Are you pitying me?" She slowly blurted out, eyes boring into his.

"Hear me- Chengcheng is my best friend too but before you. I know he has a great habit of leaving his close ones behind for unnecessary people in his life. I know he's dating that barbie doll because he finds her appealing and nothing else. He likes playing around!" He rambled, gaze still on her.

"I- How can you judge Kat without knowing her-"

"Kat?" He scoffed as he stood with a hand on his waist, "You even know her name!?" He asked as if it was something ridiculous.

"You shouldn't judge-"

"Stop!" He interrupted, his voice rising higher, "I've see what she tried to do to you yesterday at the backyard of school so don't you dare defend her in front of me!" He said before picking his books up and leaving her.

WeiAi froze after his outburst and suddenly yelled while ruffling her hair, "What's with everyone interrupting while I'm talking!"