"You know what? She isn't Sauf. But wait we forgot to do what we wanted to?" I said.

"You're right. But what she just did is enough proof to show she isn't your Sauf," Fahd reasoned.

"Hmm..." I hummed.

"All you have to do is live your life normally, forget everything that happened. I know what you're going through now, but please don't let it affect you, you're a man!" Fahd comforted me.

"Mm...right. I think that's what I'll do," I replied.

After an hour, he left for his own house. I made my self some salad and coffee and went to my room to do some work. Yeah! I can cook...unlike men right!
Hours later, which felt like three am...I finally went to bed. I needed it, to clear my head and start a new life tomorrow.

_________

I walked into the office quite sluggishly, because I had retired to bed very late last night. I said my hellos to the people next to me. Few seconds later, I noticed a paper underneath my desktop. I slid it out and read to myself.

Ammar, I haven't given you any new promotion...stop your big dreams. What I did yesterday was for a reason but don't ask why because it's none of your business.

There and then, I knew it was Miss Reem. She had written the  letter. But why  does she not want me to know why she did it?

I got angry at her for the first time. I scrunched up the paper and threw into the bin near my desk. I sat down silently, clenching my fists together. I felt my blood boiling, ready to fight whoever irritated. I started sweating, all my veins being very obvious.

"Ammar what's wrong?" I heard Fahd's voice from behind me. I didn't bother turning around, rather I hit my table very hard, I noticed all the confused faces staring at me from all angles.

"What happened?"

"Come with me!" I ordered as I stood up and took him outside with me by his hand.

"Do you believe this Boss of ours? She kept a letter on my desk saying she never promoted me and it was all a charade. How dare she play with my feelings like this?" I yelled. I was raging with anger now, heat was what I felt and blazing fire was what was inside me.

"Ammar please calm down and--" before he even finished his sentence, I left to go and meet the heartless boss in her office.

I opened her door widely making the glass to shatter.

"What the hell do you think you just did?" She asked with an angry face.

"I should be asking you that! Do you think you can just play with people's heart. First you tarnish my image at your worthless party and then you write a note stating that I never got promoted. What rubbish," this time, her desk was the only object separating us. She was just quiet as i spoke.

"Oh I see. So you're angry because your promotion is fake, all you want is money!" She said trying to sit down but decided against it when I let out my words.

"If that's what you think you're mistaken! Do you know why I am angry? Because a heartless woman like you played me like some board game and thinks she can keep doing that. Unfortunately I am resigning. Here is my resignation letter!" I threw it in her face. She came around from her table stand face to face with me. Before I could blink, my face dabbed to the right side. My left cheek was burning from the hard slap she gave me. Then she started to tear the letter and after she was done, threw it in the air.

"Before resigning, you need to give a. Six. Weeks. Notice!" She said firmly.

" What you just did isn't right! You aren't Sauf and I feel angry that a worthless and despicable woman like you looks exactly like her. You're a disgrace to the women out there who think you're some Angel!!"

I walked out quickly after saying what I had to. She was rendered speechless and shocked.

Guys!!!!!!! We hit 1k reads. Alhamdulillah...in so grateful to all of my team for staying with me throughout this journey. I really appreciate all your support and love ❤ I really don't know wh-ehat to say *sniffs* I'm...I'm so thankful. Alhamdulillah.

May we all receive Allah's khair and ni'ma. Ameen.

What do you think will happen next? (Comment here)

UmmiAbdull I promised you you'll be one of my characters right! Don't worry you'll find out soon enough babe!

Love your girl, Asmaa❤❤💕💕