Chapter 27

Sauf's/Reem's POV.

I woke up extremely happy. The day being our 5th anniversary was a special one. I had been waiting for this for quite sometime now.

Slipping in my slippers, I turned on the bedside lamp and walked to the bathroom to take a shower and perform my salaat. I decided to use my favourite Japanese cherry blossom Body wash by bath and body works. If I bathed with it, I didn't require perfume but I still sprayed some, being the bosslady I was.

"Sara!" I called out from my room. I was still in my robe, I didn't know what to wear. I needed Sara's help.

"What is it Reem?"

"Can you help me with a dress?"

"Dress!? The party starts at seven...just wear something fancy before then. By the way, you have a meeting with the royal family at 12. It's already 10:30,"

"Okay set my usual breakfast," I ordered and she left immediately.

I settled on a blue abaya and black Hijab, since the party was at night.

The meeting with the Duchess of Sussex was quite a successful one. Meghan wanted a ball gown for a dinner party they were hosting and she chose me to design it for her.
On my way back to my mansion, I decided to drop by at the mall to pick up a dress and heels. I had a lot already but that was how I was, always buying a new dress for every event.

I got a White Chanel dress with silver embellishments. The best part was that it had turtle neck, a high neckline at the back and it was long sleeves. Lucky enough. But it was short.

I headed back home, ate and went upstairs to catch a nap.
After waking up, I suddenly remembered my plan for the day. I had to do something to that Ammar, and Sara would help me with it. I quickly got up to get ready realizing it was 6 o'clock

"You ready?" She asked, walking into my room as I got ready.

"Almost," I turned to look at her and Masha Allah she looked stunning. She wore a red evening dress and a gold Hijab.

"Is your plan still intact?" She asked. I smirked and answered her, "of course"  I winked and we both left the room.

Ammar's POV.

Being busy all week was seriously no joke. I'd go to the office before eight am, run errands for the party and do lots of work. After a series of what seemed like an everlasting work, I finally left the office after isha prayer and headed back home. Mostly I'd just take an apple and water and just fall into a slumber.

_______

"Din din din din din..." my alarm clock rang continuously. I stretched my arm and turned it off. I quickly checked my clock and sped off to the bathroom. I had to go to the event centre where the party would be holding to check on the preparations.
I finished everything I had to and took my breakfast.
I packed my second outfit in a small bag since I had to change for the party.

Just as I went downstairs to catch a taxi, I met Fahd in his car.

"Salaam...what are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"Waiting for you."

"You know you can be crazy," I chuckled. I hopped into his car without even asking, why should I? Buddies never need to ask permission.

"How far with the Sauf and Reem issue?" He asked.

"Man! You know what? Sometimes something about her makes me think she isn't Sauf and something about her makes me think she is Sauf...It's really confusing and I don't know what to do right now--" Fahd cut me off mid sentence.

"I have an idea. For us to know if she is Sauf or Reem. But remind me later we'll discuss about it. We have work now,"

He pulled over at the side of the compound and we both stepped out.

I was even surprised that the decorators had finished every single thing. I was glad that everything had been finished and we could just relax.

"Look! It's all done. Let's hang out!" Fahd suggested.

"Sure, let's hang out since the party doesn't start until 7 so yeah," We hopped back in the car and went to a nearby park.

"What was your idea?" I asked Fahd after we had sat down on a bench.

"Oh yes!" He patted his forehead. "We need to get something that she used to cherish and place it somewhere that she'll see it. Then we hide somewhere and see her reaction."

"That's a good idea. It should happen immediately after the party," I suggested.

"Great, leave everything to me,"

_________

"Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for attending the 5th anniversary party of Va Va Vogue. It's really an honour to have you here. Please enjoy," Her voice really matched Sauf's but we'll know if she really is Sauf or not in just a few hours. I just hope Fahd is handling everything properly.

Drinks and snacks were served. Mrs. Thatcher, gave a brief history of Va Va Vogue and how it had managed to attain such great heights. And Reem also gave her speech about how she started and all the challenges she faced. I have to say, in this aspect, she was like Sauf, confident and ambitious.

Some few minutes later, she called for everyone's attention to announce something she regarded to as important.

"What could it be?" Fahd, who was sitting next to me, asked.

"Who knows? She's always unpredictable," I replied.

We had just finished talking when  she began her announcement.

"I want to give an important announcement. Your attention is needed. There's a new employee in my office who has been asking me for a higher position and being a competent worker, I decided to uplift his position but I would like to introduce him to you all." She paused and looked towards me and Fahd.

"Ammar Abdullah? Can you come up Please?"

What?! When did I ask this woman for a higher position but why is she trying to tarnish my image like this? Why is she doing this?

Hey Hey Hey! Assalamu Alaykum lovelies.

Here's an update hope you enjoyed.

What do you like to have for suhoor? Let me know pls and let's share ideas.

Love, Asmaa❤❤💕💕