01

*Please read the synopsis before reading this, so that you get the idea of what's going on*

---------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, 2nd April 2009.

I wanted to just shut my eyes and never open it. I wanted the dream to just continue and never end. It was you, again. It was you, Lis.

It has always been you.

It's like everything is against my decision; they won't let me stop thinking 'bout you. Whenever I see someone bursting out swirls of smoke from their chest, my heart pounds so hard longing for you, reminding me of that day.

Feisty. Bright. Bold. I got you all figured that day.

I was far too nonchalant about smoking in the lonely basketball court. You seemed to have landed yourself in a frenetic situation with me.

You didn't seem quite pleased by it. And I didn't expect it to be for someone so decent like you. Very much unlikely of my type. I couldn't help the evil smirk on my face seeing those fearless eyes, very much likely me.

I wouldn't stop blowing the few inches of cigarette pinched between my thumb and forefinger. Though you were eyeing on me like a hungry lion. Pardon me, a lioness!

A laugh escaped out of my mouth seeing your subtle face of...disappointment? I wish that was the word I could use but a girl like you, Lisbeth Skypes, I was sure had nothing to be disappointed about 'cause we were no less than strangers.

It was like you were waiting for the signal—it's over—that as soon as I tapped in the middle of the cigarette with my index finger and the ashes tumbled on the floor, you strode towards me. Lisbeth, the renowned lawyer Dereck Skypes's daughter was all ready with its army of kind words to lash out at me!

Though the first time you gave me that feisty look it was all sarcastic reactions from me. But, I dare myself to write down the truth, I mean there's no way in the world you would read this, a little amount of nervousness did run down my veins the moment you were all ready to retort.

You weren't someone to give up. Nor was I. I stood there with my hands shoved into my school uniform's —Trouser— pockets, my chin above the horizontal and my eyes looking down at you, full authority and pride oozing out of my body. But you didn't flinch nor you fled; you just seemed more disgusted with my attitude. I got that a lot these days.

You had crossed your arms in front of your body. "Did you not read that 'no smoking' written in bold and capital? It's the basketball court, not your street to smoke with pride and honour, Mr Arthur."

Those were the words you said in our first encounter.

You were the confident and smart one you always were. But I never thought you would get my name right. I didn't know if I should have been happy or sad. Sad, because you could have complained the school authority. "You think you look cool doing all that shit? Huh?"

That monotonous voice of yours still rings in my ears.

"Everyone has their own reasons." I was playing it all cool.

You've got to admit it; I was the coolest guy you'd ever met!

You barely knew me and you were giving me lessons about how every smoker had their own reasons but there were two things common in all.

"It's contagious for everyone. And it's better to quit." As far as I could remember that was what you said.

You weren't stopping so, I decided to play along and closed more than half of the distance between us.
I felt the heat rising between the little gaps between us. It was contagious and yeah, better for both of us to quit.

I never told you this but I had never felt that way before. You had me hanging off with that feisty side of yours, I never thought existed.

I wish I had known I would miss you so bad, I would've taken a better look at your eyes, your face, the way you talked; everything.

Now here I am, just living with those memories. And I am scared, Lis. Scared that someday when I wake up I won't remember those days I had spent with you.

Love,

Caleb.

PS: I had quit smoking for a long time.

*please do vote, comment and share if you liked:)*

Dedicated to HermyneKhaling  for inspiring me to publish this story that I have been holding back for so long.

*Until next saturday, take care❤*