Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

"Julie!" I slam my locker shut at the abrupt shout from someone in the hallway, "Julie! Hey, Julie!" I turn around and look for the culprit who clearly likes the sound of their own voice. People stop what they're doing and make room for my older sister who is running down the hallway, shoving people aside.

"What?" I ask.

Eve sighs, breathing heavily and brushing the hair out of her different colored eyes. (The left one brown and the right one blue. I've always had a thing for brown eyes though, so obviously I think her brown eye suits her better). I begin tapping my foot as I wait for Eve to catch her breath.

That was clearly the most exercise she has gotten in a while, which is sad considering that she only ran a few yards. Maybe she'd get the exercise she needs if she wasn't stuck to her computer, obsessing over the Social Service Agencies (she's decided on becoming a Social Worker. And living in New York for the rest of her life, *eye roll*)

She doesn't appreciate that city half as much as I do! Come on! I want to live in New York. Become a celebrity singer. Become a star!

Anyway, I'm getting distracted by how amazing I am.

"Sorry... I just wanted to know what you were doing for lunch today." I narrow my eyes at her and her facial features turn more anticipated. More worried.

"Well, it seems that my snack is dating Max Fuller, so I guess nothing. Why?" I ask.

She shrugs her shoulders and interlocks our arms, leading me in the direction of the exit. I try to stop and pull away, really not in the mood for skipping as I have a Physics test next period.

"Graham wanted to go out to lunch at his parents' restaurant. I thought it would be sweet to take you with us. I know you don't want to be the only single person at your lunch table." She smiles and shoves the door open.

The warm, Spring breeze traces the exposed slivers of my skin, and I smile lightly. This is so much better weather compared to that dumb Winter weather. Eve tucks me closer into her arm, and I grin, looking around the parking lot.  The happiness is immediately drained out of my system when I see the rusting, on-the-verge of death car that Eve named Clementine.

"Ugh. Can't we walk?" I groan, crossing my arms to my chest.

She laughs sarcastically, and I spot Graham leaning on the passenger side door.

"Four miles? I don't think so, loca." Graham snorts and opens his door the very second that Eve unlocks it.

"Are we even sure that this car can make it all the way into town? Look at it, Evie. It's literally on its last leg. And I do mean literally... What the hell...?" I grumble and stamp my foot.

Even though most of her hair has blown into her face, I can still spot the immense amount of annoyance at my statement.

"Get in the car. We really don't have time for one of your soliloquies about her." I oblige at her scowl and quickly get into the backseat directly behind her.

~

"Graham! What are you doing out of school?" A short, plump white woman with bright red cheeks and dark brown hair asks in a voice as sharp as nails just as we enter the restaurant. Graham smiles widely, walks behind the small counter, and wraps his arms around the woman's shoulders.

"Aunt Loraina, looking as marvelous as always." He kisses one of her cheeks, but her scowl doesn't disappear until he kisses her other cheek. She shoves him away gently and he walks back to the other side of the counter where Blake, Eve, and I stand, watching with smiles on our faces.