"Listen come an' see me later, I'm not promisin' I'll tell yeh anythin', mind, but don' go rabbitin' about it in here, students aren' s'pposed ter know. They'll think I've told yeh-"  Hagrid was paranoid.

"See you later, then."  Harry cut him off.

Hagrid shuffled off.

"What was he hiding behind his back?" Hermione asked.

"Do you think it had anything to do with the Stone?" Lyra asked.

"I'm going to see what section he was in, "  said Ron, who'd had enough of working.

He came back a minute later with a pile of books in his arms

and slammed them down on the table.

Lyra's eyes widened when she saw the covers.

"Dragons! Hagrid was looking up stuff about dragons!" Ron whisper shouted.

"Dra-dragons..." Lyra stuttered.

"Look at these: Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland; From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper's Guide."  Ron showed them the books.

Lyra gulped.

What if they read these books and find out about me... She thought.

"Hagrid's always wanted a dragon, he told me so the first time I ever met him," said Harry.

"But it's against our laws. Dragon breeding was outlawed by the Warlocks' Convention of 1709, everyone knows that. It's hard to stop Muggles from noticing us if we're keeping dragons in the back garden anyway, you can't tame dragons, it's dangerous. You should see the burns Charlie's got off wild ones in Romania." Ron told them.

They're gonna be scared of me and stop being my friends...Lyra thought.

"But there aren't wild dragons in Britain?" Harry asked.

"Of course there are: Common Welsh Green and Hebridean Blacks. The Ministry of Magic has a job hushing them up, I can tell you. Our kind have to keep putting spells on Muggles who've spotted them, to make them forget." Ron informed.

"So what on earth Hagrid up to?"  Hermione asked.

"I-I think we sh-should-shouldn't be in-involved in this. Its Hag-Hagrid's bus-business..." Lyra stuttered.

"Lyra are you ok? You look pale."  Hermione told her worried.

"I-I'm fine..."  Lyra took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

Hermione, Harry and Ron looked at her concerned.

Lyra had to calm herself down. If she didn't her powers would take over and not even her necklace could help her.

Lyra suddenly opened her eyes and they began to glow. She felt the sudden urge to transform there and then...but she couldn't.

"I have to go,"  with that, she ran out of the library.

"Lyra!" Her friends shouted.

"Shhh!" Hushed Madam Prince.

"What do you think is wrong with her? Do you think she's afraid of dragons?" Hermione asked confused.

"She has every right to be."  Ron pointed out.

"I don't know but am I the only one who saw her eyes glow?" Harry asked.

They all went after her. Unfortunately she was no where to be seen.
______________________________________

Lyra was trying to calm herself by taking deep breaths. She went to the hospital wing and when Madam Pomfrey saw her glowing eyes she knew exactly what to do.