Chapter 9

Christmas was coming

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban. The few owls that managed to battle their way through the stormy sky to deliver mail had to be nursed back to health by Hagrid before they could fly off again.

No one could wait for the holidays to start. While the Gryffindor common room and the Great Hall had roaring fires, the drafty corridors had become icy and a bitter wind rattled the windows in the classrooms. Worst of all were Professor Snape's classes down in the dungeons, where their breath rose in a mist before them and they kept as close as possible to their hot cauldrons.

"I do feel so sorry, for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home." Draco was looking over at Harry when he said this as his two minions Crabbe and Goyle chuckled. Draco had been teasing Harry non-
stop. First he tried to make fun of Harry's Seeker skills and now it was about not having a proper family.  He seem to forget that his own sister was uninvited to the family Christmas Party. Lyra grew angry at this.

I mean is he really that dense that he forgot I'm staying as well... Lyra thought

"Draco I'm staying as well or have you forgotten that mother uninvited me to the Christmas Party?" Lyra asked.

"That's different." He hissed.

"Is it? Is it really?" Lyra asked.

"Five points from Gryffindor. Ms. Malfoy you are suppose to working not talking." Snape hissed.

Lyra rolled her eyes.

Draco was talking as well but did he get points taken away...no... Lyra thought.

"I thought you hated the Christmas Parties why are so upset if you're uninvited then?" Theodore Nott asked with a smirk on his face.

He wasn't her partner anymore since that was just for one day but he did sit next to her which she hated.

"I'm not." Lyra hissed .

He just smirked.

 Lyra didn't let Theo get to her. This Christmas was going to be the first Christmas where she didn't have to act fake in front of everybody. She hated those parties with a burning passion. She had to laugh when her father made rude comments about all the blood traitors and the muggleborns. Even as a child Lyra never understood what was so bad about muggleborns and blood traitors. They looked the same, had the same magic, not less not more. Why did the purebloods hate them?

 Be that as it may, she didn't wanted to be uninvited. She hated the party not Christmas with her mother. Christmas was the only time of year her mother would take the time out to read Lyra favorite childhood bedtime story to her. 'The Fountain of A Fair Fortune.' Although her family did not at all approve of this story since it depicted a marriage between a witch and a muggle. It was the only story that   Lyra would listen to when she was a baby and sleep peacefully after.