Chapter 3-Saying goodbye

" Mike are you okay?" I ask. " you don't look that good." Mike is really pale. He looks like he has seen a ghost. Is he nervous about our plan?

" Ye...yeah I am. I...I....will uh...just be right back." Mike looks around,turns his attention back to me and quickly pecks me on the cheek before running off. That was weird. I walk over to the snack table and grab myself some water and actually look around the place. Many people look happy dancing with their mates. Hugging, kissing. Oh the dream. Why can't I have that?

" You can have that if you haven't walked away from our mate!" My wolf points out.

" No I....." I was about to argue when a horrible burning pain struck my side. I grabbed the side of my stomach and looked up. Jealousy burned through my veins as I watched Austin's tongue down some girls throat. He stopped for a second, looked at me and winked. 

 How dare he do that to me? And where is Mike when I need him most? I walked slowly to a bench and sat down. Now I am really mad that Austin didn't reject me. If he just rejected me then things would be so much better. I mean sure it would hurt....at first,but that will pass and I will eventually move on. Him kissing,jealousy burning through my veins and the pain I'll get every time he kisses a girl that, that won't pass. Before I was 16 that didn't exist.

  My mother told me all that's good things about finding a mate,but I decided to read a book I found in my house library to learn more. Finding a mate is a huge deal in the werewolf world,hence the party.

    I look away from the disgusting scene and stand up. If Mike wants to leave and the reason I came here for disappeared, I might as well just go home. I tell my parent bye and ask them to let Mike know I left as well. As I walk toward the exit, the Alpha of our pack steps in front of my way.

  "Leaving so soon?" He asks.

  "Yes, I am Alpha, but thank you for the wonderful party, you have set up." I say as I slightly bow my head in a sign of respect. I fiddle with my fingers. This is worse than walking or driving past the police. You know that you haven't done anything wrong,but how do they?

   "The pleasure is all mine. I'm sad to see one of my guests leaving so soon,but I won't keep you. Although I would like to ask you a question." The police......does he think I did something? Oh I really hope not. I do not want to be kicked out from the pack,my friends.... "Are you Austin's mate?" Omg. No. No. No. " I saw you talking to Austin and as you might know, he is my son. As my son he is next in line as the future Alpha and I really would love to know if you are our next Luna." He gives me a reassuring smile. Now I wish I've actually done something wrong.....

  " Uh Austin? No....uh we aren't mates..." Looks like I did do something wrong,but it's not like I could tell him the truth. Goodbye family,friends,loved ones. I will miss you.

  "Oh okay. Sorry Sam. I didn't mean to bother you then. Have a nice trip home." He says with slight disappointment. I would be too, with that girl Austin had his tongue in. Good luck with her as Luna. Hah. I would leave the pack voluntarily when that happened.

  "No you wont. The luna title is yours and you know it." My wolf growled. 

  " Seriously get out of my head" I say as I get in my car. Oh and did I mention, My car? That I can I officially drive MY CAR. Ahhhh. I got it after I took the driving test this morning and passed. Ahhhh. Guess this day is not so bad. Right? But it might be for the other drivers.... I may have passed,but that doesn't mean I am a perfect driver.....

  As I drive I put the music on and my window down. Ah. That feels awesome. The weather is still amazing even if it is the end of summer. Sadly. But on to hot chocolate,right? I keep driving for a few more minutes until I see a huge wold in front of me. Yeah you guess it a werewolf. I  swerve right and try to balance the car out. My first day driving and already almost in an accident. Amazing. Parents will be pleased.

 I put the car in park and go check on the wolf. Is it sick? Because if I senses are correct it's like me, and werewolves are smarter than just going out in broad daylight. Especially right in the middle of the road. I walk over to the wolf. It's just laying there and looking at me. It's not from my pack. I should know better that trying to talk to it,but....

 "Hi, woolfy. What are you doing all the way out here? Do you need help?"I ask as I walk closer. Should I show her I am one of them? Or does she know? It's a she, I can tell as I walk closer. She should be able to smell me,but if she is sick...... 

 I walk closer and as I am about to touch her...........a bag goes over my head. If this is what being 16 means, getting a sucky mate,almost getting in an accident and worst of all some bag over the head, the I want to be 15 again. The good old days.