"Then what?" she hissed, expression darkened with anger.

He didn't reply. He never did if he thought Cassia's tone wasn't appropriate. Talking back wasn't tolerated. Having an opinion wasn't tolerated.

"What happens after I come with you?" she looked up again and he nodded at her corrected tone.

"We will discuss everything else back home. I have taken all precautions to assure a safe journey back." his word sounded final, Cassia tensed as he stood back up.

"What about Jungkook?" she asked.

"We will discuss everything else later" he shut her down, pushing his chair in. He looked at her again, sent a short nod in her direction and walked past her.

She heard him reach the door. She should just let him go. The sooner he left the better. But she knew she couldn't.

"What if I refuse" she spoke up, loud and clear. She stood up from her seat and with a deep breath faced her father.

"Excuse me?" his hand was on the door knob.

Cassia looked him dead in the eye. "What if I refuse to come?"

His eyebrows furrowed as she repeated her words. Letting go of the door he fully faced her, staring her down with his piercing eyes, anger glimmering in them. 

"I am done playing this childish game of yours. You have seem to forgotten your place. I will no longer stand back and watch. I want you to pay your full attention to my next words, Cassandra. You are coming back home to Korea. That is final. I am leaving you no choice" he growled, taking a step towards Cassia.

The facade she had forced to stay up, pretending to be strong and immune to his words, crushed down around her. A memory stung in the back of her mind.

Those same eyes, glaring at her, deep voice yelling. Her father's strong arms reaching out to hit Cassia's mother. Over and over. The broken glass bottle. A disobedient child. A vision dipped in red. Soaring pain.

'You are a dissapointment, Cassandra'

The memory left her body pulsing with panic. His hands were way too close to her. Body still stepping closer.

Like thunder his threat rained down on her. "If you refuse, I can assure you I will find a way to force you"

The door fell shut after he left. Cassia was alone in the white office now. Crystal chandelier sending specks of golden light down on the girl in the blue dress.

Chest heaving with air that didn't reach her lungs, Cassia collapsed. Tears falling in a never ending flow down her cheeks. Voice lost. The panic attack left her whole body feeling numb.

Crumbling into herself she found her body on the floor. Vision blurred.

So many people had sworn to protect her. Their light blinding her into a state of trust. How foolish had she been to ever feel safe.