TWENTY-FOUR

C H A P T E R    T W E N T Y - F O U R
T H E    A L M O S T

Weeks had passed and Sora was gradually feeling better, the pressure of passing her final examinations dawned on her and kept her busy

Weeks had passed and Sora was gradually feeling better, the pressure of passing her final examinations dawned on her and kept her busy. She's been staring at her laptop screen for awhile now trying to solve the same chemistry question.

"I'm going to fail! I don't get anything!" she yelled out of frustration, a little later her eyes started to water. She was stressed to say the least.

"Sora, darling?" a faint voice came from outside her room. A second later her mom opened the door and smiled sadly. She's seen her daughter get dragged by all the school work and she hated seeing her that way.

As her mom entered the room, the tears that welled up in Sora's eyes carefully streamed down her face. "Stop studying for awhile and go for a walk—you know? To rest your mind" she suggested as she walked to her daughter and enveloped her.

"Thanks mom" Sora whispered. She was glad that her mom was here to support her like this, she always had the worst attacks.

Her mom left after that, while she grabbed her jacket and prepared herself for a walk. She tied her hair in a ponytail before going down the stairs to head out. "I'll be back in an hour mom, I love you!" she yelled before she opened the door.

"I love you too!" and with that she left her home. The air felt cold now but it was better than the air in her room. The first thing Sora thought of was her comfort food—ramen with marshmallows. And so, she walked her way to the nearest convenience store.

Upon entering the store she felt weird, she looked around. Why were there only few people at this time of the day? It was usually full in the afternoon. Her eyes wandered around the store and, then, spotted a few people by the aisle murmuring.

"What type of ramen was that you bought, Guanlin?"
A deep voice asked. Sora furrowed her eyebrows when she heard the name, it sounded so familiar. "This one, hyung! Have you found the marshmallows?" a familiar voice said.

"Yeah!" Another voice yelled from the other side of the store.

"They also like ramen and marshmallows, huh?" Sora whispered to herself since most people thought it was weird. She walked towards the aisle and excused herself wanting to get herself ramen as well.

"Excuse me" she muttered, loud enough for the boys to freeze and hide their faces. Sora, who barely looked at them didn't seem to notice their hesitation when she walked next to them and grabbed a cup of ramen.

"Sora?" The familiar voice asked making Sora slowly tilt her head up and look at the owner. To her surprise it was the boy she sat with weeks ago. "Oh, hey" she smiled slightly and continued to pick her noodles.

"I never thought I'd see you again" he continued, this time Sora blushed, was he always looking out for her? "So that explains why you always go here, kid" the deep voice teased. With that Sora blushed, her speculations were correct.

She stood up to face the people around her, though she couldn't see their faces because of the masks they were wearing. "Oh, where are my manners, this is Daniel hyung and the guy over there—" Guanlin said as he pointed at the guy by the other aisle "—is Jinyoing hyung, and that guy over there—" Guanlin furrowed his eyebrows and looked around.

"Where's Jihoon hyung?"

( claire's corner: i told y'all i'd be back! so how was this for a new chapter? thank you so much for being patient with me, i hope you guys enjoyed this! PS: Gfriend got their 10th win i'm a happy girl! )