28 { Breakaway }

Sorry for such a delay 🤦🏼‍♀️ but here's another part!!! Don't forget to like and comment!

~•~

Olivia heard the dreaded bell ring out, signaling that all students had ten minutes exactly to get to their first class. Normally she was there far earlier than this bell. However, she chose to show up when she knew her friends would be crowding up their bathroom, doing final prep of hair and makeup.

She walked into the school, nearly forgetting to keep her head high. People jumped out of the way still, so that was normal. Nobody had any suspicion of things being wrong.

Good, Olivia thought.

She quickly gathered her things and closed her locker. The familiar buzz of her phone alerted her that someone wanted her attention. She pressed the button on the side of the little device and the screen lit up.

"Hey", it was from Amanda.

Another came through a moment later. "We need to talk."

"About?" Olivia replied, leaning against the cool metal.

"That dude you hang out with all the time now."

She instantly felt her face grow hot. "I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Liv, I'm your best friend. I know you are. Meet me at the court"

"Okay"

~•~

Olivi heard the ringing bell that signaled there were 5 minutes before classes begun. She was a smart girl, and knew to walk to this area with caution. For whatever reason she felt like her friends were going to jump her or something. Her pace slowed as she neared the gate.

Her hand trembled slightly as she unlatched the gate. Looking inside and around the corner, she didn't see a large group of people, waiting for her. When she stepped in, she let the gate close behind her and then heard a familiar voice:

"Olivia?"

"Hey 'Mandy." She turned around and was faced with her best friend. Something about that term just didn't sit right with her anymore.

"I don't wanna come at you sideways, or try to start a fight," Amanda said sweetly. It sounded genuine, however Olivia didn't take it just yet. "But...But I gotta know, Liv. What has you so distracted? You didn't come to do the pranks. You didn't even respond. You don't come shopping anymore and it feels like you don't even like me anymore. I'm your best friend. At least...you're mine. Maybe I'm not yours."

Olivia had seen Amanda be vulnerable only a handful of times. She had seen her act less than genuine more than a few times. She still wasn't sure how upset Amanda truly was.

"I...I'm going through a lot right now. It's so much easier to just...go." Olivia wasn't being completely honest obviously. But she wasn't lying either. Her life sucked. "It's hard to approach you guys with my problems. You guys don't have those."

"What do you mean we don't have problems, Olivia?! Kim might not even graduate by next year. Sabrina is bi and her parents really aren't about that. She barely has a home to live in. Liv, we don't feel the need to approach you either, if you didn't know this."

Olivia looked at her feet, ashamed. "I did know. I know all about it. I guess I just feel like I don't have as much support from you all. I would bring Sabrina to live with me and she knows that. I offered to tutor Kim. Nobody can help me."