Let's Go (Olive x Oscar)

Start from the beginning

He even had it in his hands, before the alarm system went off, and someone was yelling that the pie-nado had been released. Oscar took that as he cue to store his own pie away, before running and warning others. Apparently Odd Todd had managed to open up the dangerous storm, and Oscar's heart ached as he watched Olive fearlessly battle it. He even volunteered to cover her as the food hit him straight in the face. Finally Olive had saved the day, but also destroyed Oscar's.

"Too bad, I used to like pie." Those words rang through his mind in her voice over and over again. He glanced at the lab next to him, remembering the dessert he had under the counter. It didn't matter now...

"Oscar," a familiar voice yelled to him.

"Oh hey, guys," Oscar managed to smile, when he noticed Olive and Otto had been standing there.

"Otto needs another unfreezeray-inator," Olive informed him.

"I drop things a lot...," Otto confessed defensively.

"The Unfreezeray-Inator, coming right up," Oscar announced cheerfully. His smile fell though when his eyes briefly met with Olive's.

"You go on ahead, partner. I need to talk to Oscar for a minute," Olive told her partner.

"Okay," Otto shrugged, casually strolling away with the gadget.

"So... what did you want to talk to me about?" Oscar was tugging on his lab coat again, one of his oldest habits.

Olive sighed as she said, "I'm sorry about the other day. You're right, we should hang out more."

Oscar attempted to wave off the issue. "No, it's fine."

Olive had touched his arm as she stared directly into his eyes. "No, it's not fine. We're friends. We should see each other more than just at work."

"Yeah, friends." Oscar attempted to grin as though everything was okay, but that word made him ache inside. "Uh, Olive?"

"Yeah?"

He sighed, since he knew it was now or never. "I'm, uh, sorry about when Todd released the pie-nado."

"You're sorry?" Olive was puzzled on why he was bringing that up.

"What I mean to say is... I felt bad that he made you not like pies anymore. I mean, they were one of your favorite desserts."

Olive crossed her arms, as she nodded her head seriously once.

"And I, kind of made you one the day it happened. But, you know what?" He tried waving away the topic. "It doesn't matter anymore."

"You were going to make a pie, especially for me?" Olive's voice was soft, and she was so touched that her eyes were sparkling.

"Well, yeah, I may just be a scientist in the lab, and you're an Odd Squad agent, but... I wanted to let you know you were special to me." A blush was gradually spreading across his face from confessing that.

"Oscar."

"Yeah, Olive?"

"I feel the exact same way."

Oscar sighed a sigh of relief from her confessing that. "Really," he wondered.

"Really," she confirmed. "I mean, it's kind of hard for me to not notice you."

"Because I'm awkward," Oscar asked.

"I was going to say, because I've had the biggest crush on you since I first visited Odd Squad," she corrected, even touching his shoulder gently.

Oscar smiled a tiny bit at her, his stomach never doing so many flip flops in its entire life.

"Oscar?" Had he just zoned out?

"Oh, hey, Olive," he quickly stammered with a forced smile.

"What do you say we hang out after work today? Just you and me?"

"Sort of like a date," Oscar hesitated to ask.

"Yes, but also for a chance for two good friends to finally hang out together, outside of work," she emphasized.

Oscar definitely couldn't hide the silly smile that was appearing now. "I'd like that."

Olive nodded once before saying with a beautiful smile, "Let's go."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this, and I hope I'm doing okay with writing a bit different than I used to. As always, please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thanks! <3