Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Lost in My Blood
Sarah Wilson
820 words
~

It's stunning. I slowly turn in a circle, looking at myself in the mirror. They have a sense of style and a miracle.. My wedding dress is the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. I wipe my eyes and step off the stage, going to hug my mom who's also crying, "My beautiful baby's all grown up." I smile, "I'll always be your baby. Just a married one." She laughs a bit and nods. I take off the dress so they can make a few alterations to it. I pick it up tonight then it's straight for Toronto. It's my last night seeing Shawn too. The bride and groom can't see each other before the wedding, some weird superstition but I need all the luck I can get. 

I leave the bridal shop with just a bit more confidence in my step. The next stop is the florist, just to make sure I'm okay with my bouquet that Shawn picked out. It's roses and sunflowers, my favourites. I smile to myself and hand the bouquet back, "It's perfect." My sister laughs, "You're agreeing off on everything, Shawn must've done a good job. You're lucky as hell." I shove her shoulder jokingly, "He did, better than you would've." She scoffs at me and I laugh, continuing my quest of activities before the big day arrives. 

~ Shawn Mendes POV

I'm spending the day in the city with Andrew and Geoff, just doing whatever catches our eye. Right now they're fighting over best man, even though I've decided. It's Andrew. He's just been there every step of the way and I want to repay him for that somehow. Geoff is amazing too, he's one of my groomsmen. I'm getting annoyed so I end their argument "Andrew, you're my best man. Geoff, your one of my groomsmen. Complain and you'll be neither." They shut up and apologize, to that I laugh. I'm glad they're with me or else I'd be with Sarah, to see her wedding dress. I know she'll look drop-dead gorgeous. It's just so tempting! But noooo. I'll be "patient." 

We walk by a baby store and Geoff nudges me "Do we need to look inside?" I shake my head "Nope. I'll have you know that I haven't laid a hand on that woman in that way." Both of their jaws drop "Shawn Mendes being modest, who would've thought." Andrew comments. I look at him "Don't worry, it's more than you've ever gotten." I smirk and walk on proudly. I gotta say, that was pretty good. He reminds me that he's technically my boss but I'm also technically his employer. Empty threat right there. "Enough roasting you two. Shawn go take pictures, those girls have been waiting for a while." Geoff instructs me. I agree and walk off, greeting a group of six teenage girls. The first one, Anne, asks me about Sarah. I take a picture with her "Next time you see her at a show with me, it'll be Mrs. Mendes. That's all I'm saying." She shrieks and thanks me, opening her phone to probably let the fandom know. We're engaged, they already know we're gonna get married eventually. Maybe it's sooner than they thought? I take pictures with the rest of the girls and say goodbye before catching up with Andrew and Geoff. 

Sarah's finished with all her things and she's coming to meet us in a few minutes. The day has passed surprisingly quickly, times wasting away before the big day. I talk with Andrew about my next album for a bit when Sarah and her people show up. I stand and kiss her before I'm rudely interrupted, "Love birds, get a room." I shrug it off and kiss her one more time. The others dramatically look away and whatever. I'm friends with children I swear. Then again I'm a kid too. I whisper to Sarah, "Andrew and your sister, yes or no?" She gasps "Hell yeah. The ship is sailing at full speed." I smile, "How about we send them both off to get our wallets from your house. See what happens." She nods and clears her throat, "Andrewwww, Alexandraaaa, I need my wallet from my house. Pleaseeee go get it." They look at me weirdly but agree. I give Shawn a celebratory kiss, "Mission accomplished." We go into the Starbucks with my mom and get something to drink while we wait. We manage to get my mom in on our match making mission. She pictures it too! "Stop worrying about a relationship that doesn't exist, focus on yourselves. The fairytale couple."

~ Sarah Wilson POV

We talk about ourselves like my mom said. I get a bit more info about the wedding, it's all really settling in now. I'm signing my life away to this glorious man. This wouldn't of even been in my wildest dreams years ago.