Chapter 25- The Date

Start from the beginning

"One of the worst parts about being a prince is having everyone bow to you," Devon whispered to Evie. "They started bowing to me when I was 3 years old. "

Evie frowned and tentatively grabbed his hand. His eyes briefly flicked to her face in surprise before he gave her slender hand a squeeze.

They continued their walk to the reception desk where a waiter seated them very quickly. The posh demeanor of the restaurant was not lost to Evie. She couldn't help but stare at the shiny tile floors and modern sculptures that were placed by every door.

"What restaurant is this?" Evie asked Devon as a waiter pulled out her chair.

"Loius Von Don," Devon answered, smoothing his napkin onto his lap. "The head chef has catered to many of my father's events."

"I've heard of him," Evie said. "I didn't know that he had a restaurant."

"Eh, he doesn't usually cook here anymore. He just likes to have his name on something I guess. But tonight, he's making his famous grilled salmon so I figured we could stop by."

"It sounds great," Evie said with a smile.

~

20 minutes later, Evie and Devon were halfway through their meal.

"This is the best salmon I've ever had!" Evie exclaimed. "The chef must be a wizard because I have never tasted something so perfect."

"I'm glad you like it, Evie," Devon said smiling at his date.

"Thank you for taking me out tonight Devon," Evie said softly.

"Anytime," He replied. "You know, I'm actually surprised that you said yes."

"Why wouldn't I?" Evie asked.

"Well, when I talk to you at the palace, you always seem a bit uncomfortable. So I wasn't quite sure I could convince you to give me a chance."

"Really?" Evie laughed. "I could never tell if you were interested in me! I thought you only talked to me because you had to keep up a good image."

"Hmmm, I guess I'll have to work on how I show my affection."

Evie giggled quietly before thinking about one time where he displayed his affection quite well.

"So, that kiss in your bedroom on my birthday... was that real?"

"Well I believe we both remember it so I'm guessing that it wasn't just your imagination," Devon said with a little smirk. "But if you're asking if I truly meant what I said that night, then yes, it was real."

"You want to be friends?" Evie asked.

"Sure."

"Maybe more?"

"I think that would be nice."

"Do you think that maybe, you would want to kiss again?" Evie asked quietly.

"I think that would be lovely."

And with that, the lone bits of their salmon lay forgotten on the fancy ceramic plates. In fact, Evie and Devon were so absorbed in each other that they didn't notice a woman at another table take out her phone and snap a picture of them.

A/N- Ignore me SQUEALING OVER IN THE CORNER because of how cute Devon and Evie are! I love them so much❤️

Do you guys have a special someone? Or are you a single Pringle like me?

But I'm so happy because I'm finally on summer break and that means more time for writing! And I'm going to be super active on my tumblr, Twitter, and instagram because I really want you guys to get to know me a bit better. So on that note, if you use #creampuffsandcourtship on any of those three platforms, I will be sure to see your post! So if you're into making cool drawings or if you're just posting about the book, be sure to use that hashtag or just tag me!

Anyway, I'll see you guys on Thursday!