[15] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

“Kurt get your fucking ass in here now”, Sebastian suddenly hissed out, standing back up on his feet turning towards the open door with his arms balled into tight fists. Kurt quietly made his way towards us his head hung in shame. “Yes sir.”

“How the fuck did you have let this happen!”

Chapter 15

Sebastian’s shoulders shook as he stood facing Kurt. His hands clenched so tightly into fists at his sides that his knuckles looked like they were going to pierce right through his skin. I knew Sebastian was barely containing his anger; it was like a raging bull beating against the gate just itching to be let out. I couldn't let Kurt take the blame for this, it was my fault too. So if he was going to punish Kurt he was going to have to punish me as well.

Kurt stood with his head held high and his arms clasped behind his back as he awaited his punishment. He showed no sign of fear or even anxiety, he just stood there ready to face Sebastian's wraith. Kurt was kind to me, and it was only right that I return his kindness.

“I trusted you Kurt. I trusted you with my most treasured possession and this is how you repay me!” Sebastian roared out, his voice echoing off the walls like that in an opera house. 

“I‘m-I‘m sorry sir, I have dishonoured you and I will take whatever punishment you may seem fit to hopefully one day regain your trust again."

“I will never forgive you for this Kurt! Not even you spending the next 10 millennia burning in the catacombs could reverse what you have done!" Sebastian hissed out, his fangs popping out from his mouth as the shaking grew worse.

Just as I was about to open my mouth to intervene Sebastian lunged forward. A loud crashing sound was heard in the next instant from across the room. I turned my head to see Sebastian pinning Kurt to the wall with his hands, his mouth inches from Kurt’s neck, his fangs poised and ready to go in for the kill. Oh my god is he going to bite him?

I quickly leapt up from the couch and ran over to them. “Sebastian stop it!”

Sebastian didn’t even acknowledge me as the anger consumed him whole. I tugged on his arm while frantically yelling, “Sebastian snap out of it, it wasn‘t his fault. Please stop it!”

“Step back Kate, I don’t want to hurt you.” Sebastian grounded out looking at me from the corner of his eyes his fangs just inches from Kurt’s neck. 

“No! Don’t hurt him, it wasn’t his fault, it was an accident!”

“An accident! You think this was an accident. Because of his ‘accident’ you could be taken away from me forever!” Sebastian roared out turning his head to the right so he was looking right into the eyes. I almost flinched back from the intensity of his eyes. They glowed with so much pent up rage that I was scared he would lash out at me and the fangs hanging over his bottom lip wasn't helping but I kept my grip on Sebastian's arm knowing that if I backed down he would win and I just couldn't let him pin the blame on Kurt. Although when he said you could be taken away from me forever it pulled at the strings of my heart to hear the raw emotion in his voice and to see the sheer madness in his eyes. I didn't know I meant so much to him.

"I know you're mad Sebastian but violence won't fix anything. It just hurts the people you love," I said softly trying to soothe Sebastian's rage. Sebastian closed his eyes, his hands bunching up into fists as his body shook. "I...I just don't want to lose you," he croaked out, his hands snaking around my waist, pulling me in for a tight embrace. He was still shaking but not as badly as before. One of his hands slowly caressed my back as his breathing slowed down. I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that Sebastian was now himself and not the monster.