"And usually I'd rescue cats from a tree but there was a PUPPY in the tree. How did he get up- hey Mr. Stark is everything okay?" Peter questioned, his eyebrows knitting together as they furrowed. "You seem... Distracted. What's up?"

"Oh nothin kid just, wondering how a puppy was able to get into a tree that's all." He responded absentmindedly. Peter then began to carry on about the puppy in the tree and the lady who gave him a churro again, and despite Tony's efforts to be fully engaged in what he had to say, it was no use. That doctor clouded his mind with thoughts he'd never really had in awhile, since everything between him and Steve happened.

Losing Steve had been hard. The Avengers splitting had been hard. He never really seemed to catch a break, to have one good thing in his life last. Lately his good thing had been Peter, but even that boys sunshine couldn't fully clear up a stormy day for Tony.

But he just couldn't let go of that doctor. He wouldn't leave his mind, and for the first time in awhile, Tony was okay with it.

It wasn't long too long until he finally went to get his stiches removed, but to Tony it felt like an eternity. He arrived at the hospital a few minutes early out of being eager to see Strange again, which was unusual of Tony. He was usually late for many things, even fashionably late for his own parties. But not today.

His leg anxiously bounced in the waiting room as he impatiently yearned for his name to be called. Sooner or later, the nurse finally announced "Tony Stark, Doctor Strange will see you in room 103. Down that hall, first on your left. You can't miss it."

He flashed her a grateful smile before heading in the direction she had mentioned, finding the door cracked, peering in to see the doctor picking up the room a bit more before Tony came. Tony took a deep breath before lightly knocking on the door. "Doctor Strange? It's me, Tony." Strange then pulled the door open wider for Tony to enter, watching as he cautionsly sat up on the doctors table.

"Why don't you take your shirt off so I can get to those stitches?" Strange said, breaking the silence between them. "Yeah, of course." Tony said immediately, slipping off his shirt revealing the stitches, and the elephant in the room, the light fixation in his chest. Which of course, caught Strange's eye once more.

"What is that for?" Strange asked as he slid on his gloves. "The thing in your chest."

"Oh it's an Arc reactor." Tony said, watching Stranges face for any confusion, which was there. "It's capable of great magnitudes of energy. I used to need it to keep shrapnel from a bad car crash from entering my heart and killing me but, now it's just there to power my iron suit." Tony then explained.

"So what you're saying is you don't need it anymore?" Strange continued to ask as he began to remove the stitches from Tony's lower stomach.

"Kinda do kinda don't. I could always put one in my suit to power it, and believe me i'm not one for sentiment but this bad boy," He began to say, tapping on the Arc Reactor "It's a reminder of how far i've come. I like it. It doesnt hurt anything."

Strange nodded, still carefully removing the rest of the thread from Tony's healed wound. He did it so precisely as if he were looking through a magnifying glass, but the man didn't even wear glasses.

"I've been meaning to ask, what are your thoughts on being a personal doctor?" Tony then asked, breaking the silence once more. "To be someones doctor at every beg and call? No thank you." Strange then replied with a snarky tone.

"What if the pay is good." Tony included to his offer, beginning to realize that Strange too was hard headed just by that one simple comment.

"Mr. Stark i'm not sure if you realize this, but I am the worlds top neurosurgeon, not some aid to camp of some superhero. My pay is good enough. I'm not leaving my work to be there when you get scraped up from fighting in the streets." Strange replied, as the rest of the stitches came out.

"That's not what i'm asking of you. Just a doctor I can rely on if I get more than just scraped up from saving everyones, including your, ass. Just a simple thing where you are my regular doctor I see to get stitched up. I'm not asking you to become my personal, follow me everywhere incase I fall and can't get up, doctor." Tony explained, his voice stern yet not stern enough to really scare Strange off. At least for now.

"Just someone I can rely on. Can I rely on you?" Tony asked, wrapping up his proposal.

"You bet your stubborn ass you can," Strange replied with a small scoff. "You have a deal, Mr. Stark." He said, extending a hand.

"Please, call me Tony." He said, taking Stranges hand into a firm handshake.

_______

NOTES:

hi everyone! so i've finally gotten around to figuring out a story and a ship and everything blah blah blah so here's this! this is just the prelude. there will be many more chapters to come of course, i don't have an exact updating schedule but i will be posting chapters as frequently as i can! i can't wait to see where this story grows and how tony and stephen will grow in this story. anyways that's all!
p.s. i'd die for ironstrange.
p.p.s. here's a link for a playlist to correlate with the story ! https://open.spotify.com/user/sleepysarr/playlist/0iN6a8VAG3h97Jp6C7YIFB?si=_g15itEeRRGgE1y51WsTCg
if you copy and look it up, you should be able to find it! but it you still have a hard time finding it - my spotify is sleepysarr