Chapter 30, Picking a date

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Jessy and I take Blue Jay to school as usual now and park at our favorite parking spot. When we climb out, guys are drooling as expected and girls are glaring. Damn, this school can be predictable sometimes.

I even anticipate the Queen Bees before they actually show up.

"Oh, there she is," Tan Cam says.

Her long black hair is tied into a tight ponytail which is to...

A) Intimidate me?

B) Keep her hair from going in her face.

C) Let others know she's in a cult and we should burn her alive while we can.

I'm going with C if it can get her off my back for a day.

"How the hell is she invited to the Northern ball?" Rude Jude asks.

"Even Cam barely got in," Nerdy Birdy notes.

"Oh, shut up. My brother's in the Northern gang, of course I'm invited," Tan Cam shoots back at Nerdy Birdy. I actually feel sorry for the girl when she seems to hide behind her binder.

I let out a sigh and can literally feel Jessy getting furious next to me. I'm not sure if I'll stop my cousin if she jumps at those girls. Only Plain Jane seems to be nice out of the fearsome foursome.

"Please, I've tried being nice with you girls, don't make me do something I'll regret," I say.

Tan Cam glares at me like I've just insulted her. I sigh again.

"Oh, listen here, little Miss Blonde! I don't want to see you even near Isabella! It's bad enough that you were at the Northern house Saturday!" Tan Cam sneers.

1, 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... I have to literally count to ten to not plant my fist across her pretty tanned cheek right now. Seriously, I used to be better at controlling my temper. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Have a nice day," I tell them before walking off to my register class. I literally can't deal with these girls right now.

And I ignore the insults that follow me.

Register class is uneventful as always. The teacher is sweating like usual and it's over within seconds. Jessy wishes me good luck before I head to English, because well, a nuisance called Blake shares that class with me.

I grab my seat at the back and take out my Great Gatsby book while Mister Wessils is talking about West and East Egg. The girls in the class are still lusting after him. Which, the more I look at Mr Wessils, is pretty understandable. His wavy hazel hair and dimple can make any normal girl melt.

The again, I'm probably not normal.

Mr Wessils continues reading from the book while I zone out for a second. "I lived at West Egg, the-well, the less fashionable of the two, though this is a most superficial tag to express the bizarre and not a little sinister contrast between them. Across the courtesy bay the white palaces of fashionable East Egg glittered along the water," Mr Wessils reads.

The door swings open Blake suddenly swaggers in as his usual late self. He takes the seat next to me and sends a grin before raising his hand.

Mr Wessils seems surprised with the action but nods his head in anyway.

"I'd like to make an observation," Blake says while keeping his eyes on me.

"Very, well," Mr Wessils says, "We're discussing the uhh... the different sides from the upper-class..."