Three🔍

I walked into the warehouse and saw the Mavericks conversing and laughing.

"Joey Goratti." I said commanding their leader's attention.

Three of his guards stepped in front of me blocking my path as the rest pulled out their guns

"Let him by." Joey commanded. They moved as I glared at them. I walked closer to Joey as he smiled, "Detective Edmonds, it's good to see you...sorta. Whatever it is, my guys didn't do it."

"I'm here to talk about Ricky Finnelo."

"Oh yes, it was a great loss. Finn made me a lot of money and even filled me in on what those Cardinals were doing." He stated making me frown.

Ricky was playing both sides? Why would he do that knowing how dangerous both gangs are?

Joey clear his throat, "But don't you worry Detective, I'll find out who did it and bring them to justice-"

"Joey, I'm talking criminal justice not street justice." I told him.

"Well you better hope I don't find them first. Like I said, Finn was a valuable asset to me. Whoever killed him costed me a lot of money. I don't play about my money."

"So you're saying none of your guys did this?"

"My guys? Who told you that? That Byrd bastard? I should have popped his ass when I had the chance. If anything one of his guys killed Finn if he didn't himself."

"Okay. Thanks Joey. Just know that I'll be back."

Great. This case just got complicated.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

"So what did he say?" JJ asked as I got in the car.

"He didn't do it."

"Do you believe him?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. Apparently Ricky played both sides and now that he's dead, both sides are pointing the finger at each other. I think someone found out and killed him."

"So which side do you believe?"

"Who would you believe?" I asked.

"I believe whichever side had the most to lose from Ricky's death." She stated. Who has the most to lose?

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

I knocked on the door and got no answer. The only thing I could hear was Junior Mafia blaring loud as hell. I swear this woman will listen to music all day and never turn the tv on or anything.

I turned the door knob as Lil Kim's voice along with Blaze's filled the air. I walked in and froze looking at the dancing and rapping that was taking place in front of me...

...Betta grab a seat
Grab on your dick as this bitch gets deep
Deeper than the pussy of a bitch six feet
Stiff dicks feel sweet in this little petite
Young bitch from the street, guaranteed to stay down...

Rather do the killin than the stick up jooks
Rather count a million while you eat my pussy
Push me to the limit get my feelings in it
Get me open while I'm cummin' down your throat
Then-

She spun around and jumped, "Shit!! What did I tell you about knocking?!"

I chuckled, "I did knock. You were too busy being Lil Kim's backup rapper to hear. Also, you're not from the streets your folks live in a mansion in the Hamptons, you lil fraud."

"Shut up, before someone hears you!" She said.

"What? You mean to tell me that no one here knows your parents are whi-"

"Ken!" She interrupted as I laughed harder.

Blaze was adopted when she was 6 years old. Let's just say she had a pretty awkward childhood being the...odd one. She's not ashamed of her parents but she apparently has a "reputation" to keep up and white parents don't fit into that.

"Brad and Elizabeth would be so disappointed." I said.

She rolled her eyes, "Shut up." She said as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Do you live in lingerie?"

"With a body like this, why would I wear clothes?"

I thought for a minute..."True." I said before following her into the kitchen.

"So, how's the family?"

"Why?" I asked in a meaner tone than I thought.

"I was just asking, damn. Just forget it."

"No, I'm sorry. They're good. We're just getting ready for the baby, we painted the nursery last night."

"That's good. You pick a name yet?"

"Kaden." I said proudly. She smiled lightly as she became silent.

I started to feel bad. I wrapped my arms around her, "How are you holding up?" I asked.

"I'm fine." She said wiping the tear she thought I missed.

"Blaze, you never talk about it."

"Because I don't want to. It was a stillbirth...it happens to people everyday. I can't help it."

"That doesn't mean-"

"Kenny. Let it go, please." She said handing me a plate with a sandwich on it.

"Fine. Can we talk about Goratti?" I asked as I started eating. Joey is actually Blaze's ex-boyfriend. She says they broke up because he was crazy as hell.

"That creep. What about him?"

"Did Ricky ever mention him?"

"Finn and I didn't talk. I didn't even know the man."

I squinted, "Hmm."

"Why? Did he mention me?" She asked.

"Goratti? No, I just talked to him today. He wants Ricky's killer's head on a silver platter. That's why I have to find this guy before Goratti does."

"Oh."

"You sure you don't know anything? Now would be a good time to tell me."

"No, but I'll keep my ears open." She said with a smile.

"Okay."

She came and sat on my lap, "Is that all you came for?"

"Doctor's appointment."

"Right." She said getting up.

I pecked her lips, "I'll call you later. Thanks for lunch." I said before leaving.