Chapter 7

I look around, flustered, "Lance, you can't just do that!"

He laughs, "You're too cute! So, will you?"

I blush again, "O-of course I will."

He stands up and kisses me quickly, "Great! Let's go!" He grabs my hand and drags me out of the building. Luckily, I grabbed my backpack before he ran me and my ever-blushing face to the movie theater.

He looks at the list of movies and points to one, "We're seeing that one."

I look around, and my eyes fall on a romance movie. I point at it, "Babe, we should see that one sometime!" I didn't realize that I called him 'babe,' and I wish he hadn't either.

He looked at me in surprise, "D-did you just call me 'babe'?" I had never heard him stutter before.

"N-no! O-of course not!" I yelled at him, blushing.

He laughs, "But I'd like it if you did."

I look away, and mutter, "I'd like it if you called me princess."

Unfortunately, he heard me, "Oh ho ho~ Does my little princess have a kink?"

"N-no! Let's just go see the movie!" I start to storm inside to the concession stand. I buy a medium popcorn and we walk to the theater where our movie is playing.

We sit down and I eat a handful of popcorn. Lance laughs at me, "You're a messy eater! Would it help if I fed it to you?" He says in a seductive tone.

I blush, "S-shut up."

The lights dim and the movie starts. Nothing out of the ordinary happens during the movie, except for about halfway through, Lance grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. We kept holding hands the entire movie, he didn't even let go when we stood up after the movie.

We went to my house afterwards, since it's relatively close to school and the movie theater. When we got there, Lance waited for me to unlock the door, and then he went inside.

"I can't believe I'm in the Keith Kogane's house! It's so great!" He walks around the living room.

I give him a short tour of the house, and in every room he gave a comment of how great it was. "It's not that great." I walk back to my bedroom, making sure he's following me.

He sits down on the bed, "Where are your parents, anyway?"

I point to a map I have in my room, "Mom's here, visiting a friend of hers. Dad's who-knows-where, he left a few years ago and never came back." I frown slightly.

He frowns, "I'm sorry I brought it up."

I give him a reassuring smile, "It's not your fault, I would've told you eventually, anyway." I sit down next to him on the bed.

"So what do you want to do?" He asks.

"Make out?" I laugh.

We then make out for a couple minutes.

Haha, just kidding, that's not actually what happened. Pidge dared me to say that, here's what actually happened...

"So what do you want to do?" He asks.

I just shrug, and sit there. He awkwardly reaches for my hand, and I grab it. It's funny how we're still so awkward about this.

"Can I say something?"

"Yeah?"

I take a deep breath and prepare myself for what I'm about to say, "Lance, I-I think I'm in love with you."