Chapter 2

Everyday after that, Lance sat with us at our table. I always brought my own lunch from home, since I was lactose intolerant, so I always got to the table first. Sometimes, I'd be too deep in thought, and I wouldn't see him coming. That gave him the opportunity to scare the shit out of me by draping his arm over my shoulders.

Every time it happened it went the same way:

"Hey, buddy!" He drapes his arm around my shoulders.

I jump immediately and turn back to face him, blush evident,  "Would you stop that?! It's not okay."

He laughs, "It gets me every time."

I blush again and mumble into my food, "Shut up."

Ugh! I just hate him so much! Every time I see him, I just get so filled with this feeling that I'm assuming is rage. I'm only guessing that it's rage, because my face gets all red whenever I see him. I really need to talk to someone else about it.

I know I can't talk to Pidge, because she'll just sprout nonsense, but maybe I can talk to Hunk. He's always been super supportive and helpful. That's right, I'll talk to Hunk after school today.

(Many class periods and much angst later)

I walk up to Hunk, "Hi, Hunk!"

He waves sweetly, "Hello, Keith."

"Do you think you could come to the Voltron cafe and talk for a while?"

He looks at me, confused, "That's odd, you never like to talk."

I blush and look away, "Shut up. Can you come or not?"

He chuckles softly, "Of course I can, anything for you."

I turn around and just walk away. Before I can walk completely out of the hallway, Hunk yells out, "One more thing!"

I turn around slowly, "Yeah, what?"

He smiles, "This wouldn't happen to be about Lance, would it?"

I blush a bright red, "Of course not!"

He laughs and nods his head sarcastically, "Sure, sure."

I just grumble and stomp out of the hallway towards my locker.

I'm getting my stuff out of my locker, mumbling to myself, "Is it about Lance? Of course not! He's the worst! Hunk doesn't know what he's talking about."

In the middle of my little rant to myself, I feel an arm around my shoulders. I jump in shock, and turn around  to see the one and only, Lance.

I roll my eyes, trying to pretend that I didn't just jump in fear, "Of course it's you. I thought you were going to stop doing that."

He laughs, "You can't just play that off, I totally saw you jump. It was hilarious. Anyways, I didn't say I was going to stop draping my arms across your shoulders, I said I was going to stop making you mad on purpose."

I glare at him, "Kind of the same concept, dude."

He pushes himself off of me and leans against the locker next to mine. He says, sighing, "Whatever."

I keep putting my homework in my backpack, triple checking that I have everything I need, when he starts talking again, "So what are you doing tonight?"

I don't really realize what he said, and just say, "Nothing. I'm going to the café with Hunk."

He grabs his phone, "Sounds fun." His voice implied that he wanted to come, too.

I sigh, "Maybe some other time. Today, it's just me and Hunk, there's some stuff we have to talk about."

He has a mischievous smirk on his face, "So are you and Hunk, you know?"

I blush even redder, the rage visible on my face, "Absolutely not! He's just my friend! Besides, I'm not even-"

I decide that it's better to not finish my sentence.

The smirk doesn't move, "You sure about that? Because Pidge told me you were-"

I cut him off, "Pidge doesn't know what she's talking about."

The smirk shifts into a frown, "Really? That's kind of disappointing."

I didn't get what he was talking about, so I just said what made sense, "Why? Aren't there enough other things to tease me about?"

He looks almost hurt that I didn't understand what he meant, "That's not it." I still look at him, confused. He sighs, "You know what, I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm bi." He tries to hint at what he's trying to get through to me, but it still doesn't work.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

He sighs in disappointment, "Nevermind." He walks away, obviously very down.

I choose to ignore it and close my locker, positive that I have everything. I think to myself. Maybe I should've just asked him what he meant, instead of jumping to conclusions.