Day 2. Cuddling Somewhere

'Hey, Phil, I'm just going to pick Louisa up from Louise and Matt's, you wanna come?' Dan walked through the house with his phone in his hand. 'Phil?'

Dan heard a faint snore coming from the sofa. He walked towards it and leant on the arm.

'Wake up, Philly,' Dan whispered, stroking Phil's hair.

Phil stirred, a mumbled complaint coming from his mouth.

'Phil, come on, we have to get Louisa.'

Phil reached out his hand, patting around to find Dan's face. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled at the sight in front of him.

Dan hadn't straightened his hair, which rarely happened.

'I like your hair, it's pretty like that.' Phil thought aloud.

'I know, that's why I'm not doing anything with it.'

'I love you.' Phil said, then kissed Dan. 'Where are my glasses, though? I can barely see...'

~*~

'Daddy!' Louisa screamed as the doorbell rang. She had had a play date with Darcy, giving Dan and Phil a day off.

'Let's go and see them, shall we?' Louise said excitedly.

Matt had already let them in, and Louisa nearly jumped on them.

As she went to give Dan a kiss on the cheek, she gasped at his curly hair. 'Daddy, something's wrong with your hair!'

Everybody laughed and aw'ed at Louisa's response.

'This is what it's usually like, but I make it straight every morning.'

Louisa tilted her head slightly, examining his "new look".

'I like it this way.'

'Me too.' Phil piped in.

'I think you should leave it like that more often.' Louise agreed.

'I like your hair, Louise. It's very pretty.' Louisa smiled, gazing at Louise in awe.

~*~

'Dan, I'm going to lie down, I'm not feeling to good.' Phil said.

'No, come here, I'll be lonely.' Dan pulled a sad face and stretched out his arms. 'You need cuddles. They fix everything.'

'How can I resist that face?' Phil walked back to the sofa, and sat with his head resting against Dan's chest.

Dan played with Phil's hair until they fell asleep.

~*~

Louisa came in to watch TV, but stopped when she saw her parents. She skipped back into her room where she had been playing.

She grabbed a piece of paper and tipped out her coloured pencils. She drew Dan and Phil asleep on the settee, making sure to add Dan's curly hair.

She crept back into the lounge room, carefully placing her drawing on the arm.