Ink: At the park

I stepped out of the door into the cool night air. I started my walk to the park.

I sighed. Why me, of all people, have to have the weird life? Today I met a girl with one orange cat's eye and one yellow cat's eye. What the heck? I pushed the thoughts out of my mind when I saw the park sign.

Alice stood in front of it. She wore a midnight blue hoodie and grey jeans. Her brown hair was in a braid against her shoulder.

"I apologize for keeping you waiting." I said. We started walking down the cement path that led through the entire park. 

"You didn't keep me waiting at all. In fact, I just got here." She said. It seemed as if she knew where she was going and she did. She sat down on the grass on the hill underneath a small oak. I sat down next to her.

She started wiping underneath her eye with a napkin she'd pulled from her pocket, though she wasn't crying. I saw why. A black cresent was painted under her eye and she looked at me for a moment. Now it was my turn. I pulled out my own napkin and wiped under my eye. I showed her my symbol: A black bird in flight across my cheek. She gasped in suprise.

"You.... I had no clue...." She muttered. She layed down and looked at the stars above us. "I've always loved to star gaze..."

"Me too. I didn't think I'd find any of us here... Or ever, actually." I layed down next to her and sighed. 

"I guess... Maybe we aren't as different as we thought?" Alice asked. I nodded. She was right. The stars were beautiful. She pushed a stray band behind her ear. I don't know why, but....

I grabbed her hand and held on tight.