Chapter 47 He Wants You

Start from the beginning

"More like you will spout nonsense, vomit everywhere and then fall over."

"What else...want to eat in the restaurant?"

"Alright, but just eating." Maya's voice was quiet. "I will get in trouble again if you get drunk."

"What?"

"Nothing! I just said I want to eat steak!"

The two sit at a table and order a steak plate. The restaurant is simple and cold, there is no ornamental beauty, it matches the rest of the Special Mission Headquarters. The taste of the steak complimented the place perfectly... bland.

"Hey did you have any fantasies about Liv?" Maya randomly asked him. Xiao nearly fainted at the question.

Where had that come from, he wondered.

"What? What do mean...Liv..." Xiao Yan then recalled that when he had discussed his issue with the hallucinations with Maya before, he had mistakenly thought he meant Liv.

Maya rested his chin on his hand and leaned forward. "Well, Liv is quite the beauty. Not to mentions she is always protecting you. You seem to like her as well."

Xiao Yan is silent.

He doesn't want to see a psychiatrist or a brain specialist, nor can he talk it over with Casey without being endlessly interrogated.

Maya is different though. No matter how roguish he might appear, he is quite kind and considerate. Otherwise he wouldn't have taken his duties on the battlefield so seriously , Xiao still remembers his desperate attempts to protect him. Yes. Maya was definitely trustworthy and loyal.

"Actually it wasn't about Liv."

"Ah, then Sharon. You liked Shar--Oh god, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have brought that up." Maya's expression instantly creased in worry and apology.

"I respected Sharon, but my fantasies did not involve her either."

"Well who else is there. They are the only women in the special forces that you know." Maya's brows drew together in contemplation.

" The person is not a woman."

May stiffened in shock. "What? Who then?"

Xiao opened and closed his mouth like a gasping fish. He has to tell someone or else his brain is going to short circuit...still....

"Colonel Burton."

As the words dropped it was as though they formed a small black hole and all of reality stilled for a moment.

Then Maya's hand went limp and his fork clattered onto his plate. The sharp grating sound sliced through the dining area. It was a good thing they had come to the restaurant at off hours, the place was nearly empty.

Xiao thought that Maya was about to display quite the reaction, but instead he just picked up his fork and placed it beside his plate. His other hand went to his forehead as he asked in a low tone, "How far do these fantasies go?"

Xiao is not quite comfortable answering this question.

"I can't even imagine the Colonel hugging someone. Do you imagine he holds you?"

"Yeah." Xiao Yan lowered his head.

"Kisses you?"

"Um..." Ah! He just wants to sink into the floor.

Xiao started to feel like a teenager being interrogated by their parents after a date.

Maya went silent for a few beats and then bluntly cut through his curiosity to ask the ultimate question.