16. Im here for you

Selenas POV 

when I wake up, immediately my eyes catch Justins staring down at me with a little smile catching on his lips. It felt like old times, when there was no one else in the world but us two. When we used to stay like this day and night but unlike that time I wasn't depressed and things were a lot better. Yet that time has passed and we still found our way back to each other. This feels like destiny but it also feels like a wrong time. 

"looks like we fell a sleep" I say sitting up on my knees fixing myself a bit. It felt a bit awkward to be here with him after such a long time. It felt like we were two strangers who had just met yet we have known each other for years and even were best friends before we dated. But here we are barely looking at each other. 

"ehm so about last night" he says awkwardly scratching behind his neck telling me he was nervous and so was I. He always made me feel nervous but in a good way. This felt like something in movies like when two ex's meet. 

"I dont wanna talk about it, I just had a break down doesn't really matter" I say trying to find something to do rather than talk about what had happened yesterday because I kind of was telling the truth I had a break down but I have been having those so often that I have begin to think that maybe it would be best if I was gone forever. 

"still we should talk about it Selena you were saying stuff that are pretty serious and im worried" he says finally looking right at me which makes my stomach twist why was I feeling this way. 

"I know and Im going to go to a therapist I promise Justin trust me" I begged grabbing his hands without even thinking about it but then realizing it for a moment and quickly pulled my hands away looking back on the ground. Why did I always have to make things awkward. 

"I trust you.. just know Im going to be there for you as a friend ill be beside you" He says stinging my heart a little bit. "as a friend" for a small word it hurt me so badly. But what was I expecting? that we would be together again and have it happily ever after? God I felt so stupid yet I was happy that he would be there for me. 

"thanks Justin I appreciate it" I say hugging him, his cologne filling up my nose. I close my eyes only for a second yet it feels like eternity. I slowly pull back smiling pretending like I was fine like Im used to. And I could tell he fell for it. 

"of course there is nothing I wouldn't do for you" he says smiling making my heart burst just a little. I hated how he was making me feel yet I was addicted to it like it was the only thing keeping me alive. 

"anyways you should go Im going to work soon" I say standing up feelings his eyes on my body like he hadn't seen it before. Letting out a sigh I try to hide the fact that my heart was pounding in my chest. 

"you're right I should get going" he says standing up now right behind me. I could feel his breath even tough I wasn't that close to him. Turning around I fake a smile and try to figure out what he was thinking. 

"just call me if you need anything please" he says his voice cracking a little as he gets closer almost like he was about to try anything but I knew for a fact he wasn't going to. the room was getting tense and warm. I could feel my cheeks heat up. 

"promise" I say hugging him lightly before quickly pulling away and walking to the bedroom. I could hear him leave and my heart dropped. I hoped he would stay here with me longer even tho I kind of told him to leave but I felt lonely again.