"hi jake" i reluctantly say. the detectives in the precinct who, a minute ago, where cheering had now gone deathly silent. 

"you guys know each other?" rosa asks, placing her pen down on her desk. i nod my head, explaining to her how we knew each other. 

"like four years ago, jake and i met through mutual friends and we went on a couple of dates and then started to go out. after year, year and a half, he broke up with me because he said he loved someone else and not me" i said, taking in a deep breath again to try and stop any kind of tears. the sergeant makes an awkward noise and slowly steps back from jake. jake sighs, putting his head down and then back up to look at me. 

"i'm sorry about that" he started to apologise but i stopped him. 

"no need. we both have great lives now" i tell him, turning back to rosa to finish the witness report and go home. 

"so that's y/n!" a short, stubby looking detective said, throwing his hands in the air. jake told him to shut up as he sat himself back down at his desk and logged into his computer. 

"didn't we start dating three years ago?" the detective stood beside jake asks. rosa widens her eyes at the comment and my head snaps up. i turn to see jake's head now on his desk and the woman now sat across from him with a puzzled look on her face. i nod my head, glancing at the person he left me for; she was pretty, intelligent, he saw her all the time, i understand it now. 

"look, i know this is official and crucial police work but can we please hurry up and be done this? i just want to get home and drink with my fiancé" i beg rosa. she nods, asking the remaining few questions before allowing me to fill out the form the uniformed officer from before brought up for me. i filled it out as was requested and was told i could leave. i agreed that i would come in again if they need me but for now, i was free to go. or that's what i thought. 

i was about to press the button for the elevator when someone stopped me from doing so. i turn around to see jake stood there, his hand rubbing the back of his neck and a stiff look on his face. 

"can we please talk somewhere?" he suggested to me. i roll my eyes but agree to it and follow him to what seemed to be the evidence lock up. he sighs before speaking. 

"so, how're you doing?" he awkwardly asks, showing me a smile. 

"cut the bullshit jake, i want to go home" i say, walking past him. his hand grips my arm and he keeps me in the room.

"look, i realise now that the way that I broke up with you was quite mean.." he starts. 

"mean? you broke up with me over text! the only reason i didn't say it in the bullpen is because i didn't want to embarrass you in front of your co-workers and your captain" i state, folding my arms across my chest. he shakes his head. 

"i regret the way i dealt with that breakup in every way. it's the only time ive actually ever dumped someone, i'm always the one who gets dumped. i'm sorry" he sincerely tells me, holding his hand out. with slight hesitation, i shake his hand, signalling some sort of unnecessary truce between the two of us. instead of letting go, the two of us keep a tight hold of each other's hand, not agreeing to let go. i stare into jake's eyes, all the memories of those years ago quickly coming back to me. 

out of the blue, jake yanks me towards him and smashes his lips into mine. i gasp as he does so, my eyes remaining open for the first few moments of the kiss. after admitting myself to it, i melt into the kiss, snaking my hand up to grip the back of his neck. his tongue deviously slips into my mouth and i giggle slightly as he does so. in order to gain breath, the two of us pull away. 

"we have fiancés " i say breathlessly, gripping the shelf beside me. jake smirks. 

"you weren't fighting it" he says sassily. i take a deep breath in before placing my lips on jakes beautiful plump once again. he lifts my shirt over my head and i walk forward, jake's back hitting the door. keeping his lips close and his hot breath fanning against my face, I turn the lock on the door. 

"couldn't have anyone coming in" i whisper, seductively smiling before i slip jake's shirt off. his hands come under my ass, telling me to jump. i do as he says, resting on his hips but keeping our lips connected. 

even if I wanted to describe what happened in that evidence lockup on that rainy thursday afternoon, i simply couldn't. there's no way to explain the things that happened within the space of that hour. no way. 

a/n like i've said before, i'm physically incapable of writing smut. i would but it just ends up being weird