Chapter 14

Annabeth Chase

We had stopped in portugal to give the pegasi some rest.  We had set up the tents to have shelter for the night. One big tent for the boys and a smaller one for us.

Everyone was out by the campfire.  We were not close to civilization, so no one could see us.  I was looking at a picture of Percy and I kissing at the shore of the beach.  Leo had decided to take a photo. We didn’t know until our anniversary, when our friends gave both Percy and I a framed photo.  We were mad at leo for a while.

“I miss you Percy. . . “ I whispered to the photo.

“Annabeth!”

I looked up.  There was an Iris message and in the mist I could see the face of my smiling seaweed brain.

“Percy!”

“Annabeth!”  His smile dropped from his face.  “I have something to tell you. It’s important-”  I cut him off.

“Percy I-” He cut me off.  Now I was getting worried. He usually wasn’t this serious.  

“Annabeth, just wait. I think I might be losing my memories.”

“What?”  I said in a quiet voice.  “What’s the last thing that you remember?”

“Uh, you kissing me, when we were fifteen.  It was right before I went to attack those telkhines.”  He said nervously.

“Why is this happening?”  I almost shouted. “Why-why can’t you remember?” I ran a hand through my hair.  “I need to fix this, I need to-”

I was cut off by my friends running into the tent.

‘Annabeth!  What’s wrong?”  Jason asked.

“Percy he - he-”  I was close to tears.

Percy answer for me.

“I am losing my memory.”  He said.

“What is the last thing that you remember?”  Frank asked.

Percy glanced at Annabeth.  “Uh, I was fifteen, and Annabeth and I were in the labyrinth and I was about to fight some monsters.”

“Do you have memories of you memories?”  Leo asked. Piper was trying to make me calm down, because I started panicking.

“No.  I don't know who you guys are.  Except for Nico and Annabeth.”

Percy looked at me.

There were some noises from Percy’s side of the message.  Percy glanced behind his shoulder.

“Look, I have to go, bye.”

“Bye, Seaweed Brain.”  I said.

Percy swiped his hand through the mist.

Leo Valdez

I had never seen Annabeth like that before.  She was always calm and knew what to do.

Nico lead her out to the fire.

“Why doesn't he remember?”  Hazle asked.

We all shook our heads.

“What does Percy not remember?”  I asked.

“He won't remember you, Jason, Piper, Frank and Hazel.  He doesn't know that he is my boyfriend and, he might think that we still need to defeat Kronos and his army.” Annabeth said.  She looked like she was on a breaking point.

“We should move faster if we want to get to Percy before his memory is completely done.”  Frank said.

“The pegasi have probably had enough rest.  Did you guys get enough sleep?” Hazel asked

Everyone nodded their head.

“We need to come up with a way to get his memory back, too.”  I said. I could tell Annabeth was already brainstorming ideas.  

“I’ll come up with one.  I already have a few ideas.”

PERCY JACKSON

I was Iris messaging Annabeth and she was freaking out.  I can’t blame her because I was to. Just not as badly.

I heard someone coming.  It was probably Harry or Ron.  I glanced behind my shoulder.

“Look, I have to go, bye.”  I said.

“Bye Seaweed Brain.”  Annabeth said.

I swiped through the mist and Harry entered the room.  I turned around to face him.

“What are you doing?”

“Uh. . . Homework?”  I said. It came out as more of a question.

Ron and Hermione came in the room.  

“Percy, you don’t need to lie.  You can trust us.” Hermione said.

I sighed.  “I’m losing my memory.”  I mumbled.

“What was that, mate?” Ron asked.  

“I can't remember, alright? I can’t remember my friends or my family! I could have a girlfriend, for all I know.  I don't remember.” I sighed again. I sink to my knees and put my head in my hands.

“We will help you. We can do some research and maybe we can ask professor McGonagall for some help.”  Hermione said softly.

“I was talking to my friend.  Annabeth. I can only remember three of my friends.  I can only remember turning up at the Burrow and when I was fifteen and before that.”  I said. “Annabeth was freaking out. I was too.”

I got up and walked back into the Gryffindor common room.  I have transfiguration homework to work on. The letters were floating around the pages.

“Hermione?”

“What is it Ronald?”

“Can you help me?”

“Sure, Ron.”

(A/N:  I finally got the Burning Maze!  It was so good!!!  If you haven't already read it . . . Brace yourself . . . But now we have to wait until fall 2019 for the next one.