32

Bucky stayed with me for the night, he'd decided that I would be better if someone was with me.

I woke up the next morning to Bucky leaning against the doorframe, talking to someone outside in a hushed tone.

"I don't want to keep relying on you, I want to live a normal life for a while," he was saying.

Was he going to leave me too?

I knew I wasn't normal, not by a long shot; I mean, I had a tail and cat ears for crying out loud.

I took a deep quiet breath, "I can arrange that for you here in Wakanda, it is assured you will be safe here," I heard Shuri say.

Bucky nodded his head, "I want to take her with me, I think she needs a break from all of this," Bucky waved his arm around before sighing, "She needs to take a break from all of this,".

I heard Shuri sigh too, "Yes, she does," there was silence in the room for a few moments.

"I will find a place for you to stay before the day is over," Shuri promised before I heard her steps walk away.

Bucky closed the door quietly, "Do you want to stay with me?" of course he knew I was awake.

I sat up and looked at him, he looked like he was hiding a smile.

"You have horrible bed head Dot," he informed me.

I flattened my ears, "You said you wanted to live a normal life, I'm not normal," I told him quietly, not meeting his eyes.

His grin vanished, "I don't think anyone we know is normal,".

I nodded my head, that was true. But visually, I was easy to pick out; I decided not to argue.

"Shuri said she'll find us somewhere to be normal by tomorrow, do you want to go with me?"

I didn't give it much thought, just a nod of my head. I didn't want to be alone anymore.