Chapter 4

Klaus grabbed Rebekah and Kol, and ran back to the park that they had taken Hope to.  Davina, Marcel, Hayley, and Hope jumped up. Rebekah stumbled to a bench nearby.  Elijah then walked up carrying a book of the recent history of Mystic Falls.  He looked up to see everyone staring at one another.

"What's going on?" Elijah asked.

"Ask your brother, they came in here looking like they had just seen the end of the world and lived to tell about it." Marcel responded.

"We found her 'Lijah." Rebekah whispered.

"Where?" Elijah didn't try to hide the excitement, and Hayley looked down.

"Yah, where?" Katherine swayed up to the group.  "Now it will be so much easier to make her life a living hell." Elijah's eyes instantly darkened.

"You know exactly where you evil wh...woman." Rebekah trailed off when she saw Hope.

"Do anything to hurt her, and a swear Katerina that I will make you experience a hell worse than my brother has given you." Elijah looked like he was ready to breathe fire.

Elijah looked down at the ground, knowing he was the one to cause all the pain, he blinked away tears, and looked back up.  Katherine looked around.

"So is anyone going to tell me or am I just going to have to ask the bitch herself?" Katherine looked around.

"She--Elena doesn't remember anything 'Lijah." Rebekah told her brother and looked down.

"What don't I remember?" The woman of question asked as she came up to the group with Alaric.

Klaus looked at Elena and the sped and held Alaric by the throat against a tree. Elena gasped as Marcel held her back.

"Now I want you to give my favorite little doppelgänger her memories back, or I will rip your heart out."

"Klaus please!" Elena sobbed as Marcel held her, Elijah just stood shocked.  "H...He is the only family I have left, please!"

"Now love, that's not true, I hear that your dear brother is alive and well."  With that he stuck his hand into his chest, Elena screamed, and Elijah felt like his own heart was being ripped out.

"I asked him to!!" Elena shouted, and then it was quiet, minus the the groans from Alaric.

"Come again?" Klaus asked.

"She...asked me to do it...I had to...she was in so much pain..." Alaric groaned out.

In that moment Elijah realized that he had caused so much heartbreak in the girl in front of him, and Katherine smirked her plan had finally completed itself.

"Why did you not tell me that you were hurting?"

Elena whipped her head to look at him, she looked confused and then angry.

"Elijah Mikaelson the man who used me to for his own personal game against his brother."

"Elena that isn't true and you know--or you knew it."

"You...left...without a...word" Ric gasped out from the pain.

"Niklaus." Klaus looked at him, " Let him go."

"My noble brother." Klaus said as he pulled his hand out and went by Hayley and Hope.

"Now, what do you mean I left without a word, I went to the spot where we always met up, and I told her I was leaving and to come with me.  She said no."

"Well Einstein,  Elena happens to be a doppelgänger, who happens to have an identical person with a crazy plot of revenge against you and your family." Alaric replied sarcastically.

"Katerina." Elijah muttered.

"Ding-Ding -Ding!!" Katherine's voice called out. "Really for a man who says that he is so in love with a woman, you can be easily confused."

"You had Elena's daylight ring?" Elijah questioned.

"It really was quite easy to compel a jeweler to make an identical ring." Katherine shrugged, "Now my plot of revenge against the two of you is complete.  She has no memory of your time together, and you have to deal with the fact that the love of your life is gone.  Although there is one last thing to do.."

She grabbed a branch off a nearby tree, and ran over to Alaric shoving it into his chest, Elena screamed and ran over to him.  Katherine smiled and tipped an imaginary hat to the Mikaelson's and went to leave, when Elijah grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him the same way he did to Elena all those years ago.

"You better run Katerina, because I will never stop hunting you for what you did,..." Katherine tried to pull away from his grasp, but he held her tighter.  "You think my brother hunting you was bad, wait until you see what I am capable off." He then let go of her arm.  "Take this as a head start, so to speak."

Katherine shaking and eyes wide with fear took off to the north, and Elijah sighed and turned around to where Elena was.  She was with a woman in her mid-thirties, and suddenly Elena began to sob with relief.

"I need you to help me get him to my car, so I can get him to the hospital."

"But...he's.."

"What I did today Elena...I'm sorry, but he's human."

Elena who had begun to stand dropped to the floor again, Elijah and Marcel moved over by the woman who just turned Alaric human.  He couldn't stand to be around his brokenhearted ex-girlfriend.

"Hey we can take him if you want?" Marcel asked her.

"Are you vampires?" She asked them.

"How do you...?"

"Know.  When you grow up being a part of a coven of witches you learn a few things.  Listen when you take him there tell them that Josette Laughlin has sent you."

Both men nodded, soon the other members of the family left and Josette turned to Elena, and bent down by her.

"Elena?"

"I made him compel my memories away Jo, and at the time I didn't know what Katherine had done.  I made it so he could be the only one to remove the compulsion."  She paused for a minute looking at Jo, "What if I never get my memories back Jo, I want to remember."

"Look Elena I have known you for the past 5 years first as your teacher, and then as your friend.  You weren't in the best position, and I mean you wouldn't look at another man.  Hell even Damon moved on.  Maybe this is life's way of finally letting you move on Elena.  Embrace it."

Elena looked at Jo and nodded, maybe this was her way of finally getting her own way of life.  Maybe she was ready to start living it.

Okay so I just want to clarify, the time line is not going to be matching up with the show.  I am sorry if the end seems rushed it's just that I am on the road and I wanted to finish the chapter before I lost service.  Anyways I hope you like it.  Always and Forever.