Chapter 2

Elena patiently awaited Elijah in the spot where they had been meeting for the past six months. Once a week he would drop by to talk to her before going off to deal with his psychotic family. She checked her phone again, he was five minutes late, she sighed and looked back at the darkening landscape around her. Elena shook her head, how stupid was she to think this would last. She sighed getting up.

"I hope you weren't leaving." A voice behind her made her smile. "Rebekah is being more intolerable than usual."

"I had no doubts." She turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck. He lowered his lips to hers. "Mmm" she moaned into his mouth.

Slowly the kiss turned into a desperate need for one another. Elijah slowly lowered them to the ground, Elena quickly undid the buttons on his suit coat and dress shirt as he pulled off her loose flowing top.

He began to give her breasts their own special treatment, Elena threw her head back and arched her back. Was it even possible to feel this much pleasure?

Elena peppered kisses all over his neck and chest, silently begging for more. Elijah caught on, and before Elena could even comprehend what was happening, both their pants and undergarments were off and he was buried deep inside her. They both moaned in unison, and Elijah quickly set the pace for them. Hard and fast.

Pretty soon it was all over but neither one had any regrets. Together they lay underneath a blanket looking at the stars. It was perfect, they both knew what they had wanted and neither one planned on letting that go anytime soon.

Elena sniffed it had been six years since he left without a single word to her. She tried to movie on, but it just didn't work. It was like Elijah owned the majority of her heart, even though he had been the one to break it.

Everyone worried about her, constantly hoping that she would be okay, no one knowing the real reason why she had shut down like she had. No she didn't turn off her humanity, like he said her humanity was a gift.

She nodded to no one and pulled out her cell phone. Elena knew what she had to do.

"Hey Ric?"

"Elena?"

"Yah it's me, hey listen do you think you could do something for me?"

"Sure, what do you need me to do?"

"I need you to alter my memories."

Elena sighed as she waited by the rock, she looked at her phone four minutes late, he always likes to be fashionably late. 5 minutes passes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, soon it has been one hour.

"Elijah?"

No answer.

Elena gasps and tear flood her eyes, he isn't coming. She was sure that the last year had meant something to the both of them. She fell for his tricks and hard, the whole honor and nobleness about him was a lie. He probably just used he because she looked like Tatia and Katherine. Elena began to sob.

Katherine stood behind the tree grinning like a Cheshire cat, she had not planned for the stuff to happen with Klaus in New Orleans, but one he was there, she knew Elijah would have no choice but to follow and make sure that his brother was safe. After all she was Katherine Pierce, she always won.

--

"So tell me why you called asking for memories to be altered and erased?" Alaric asked the girl that had slowly became like a daughter to him.